Reaction score
Are all Trophy owners as "sad" as me? I have had my T for nearly 5 months now and I smile as much now as i did the day I picked it up when I am in it.

I just had to replace both rear wheel bearings (only 1 had gone but did both anyway) at a cost of 115 quid. Also having new front tyres on Monday - another 218 quid! Yet I dont seem to feel any pain in parting with cash if it is related to the T. Every penny seems worth it!

I even washed it today in the rain as it was filthy! People were walking by given me right funny looks!

What is it about these cars that make us so devoted... or is it just me :oops: ?!

Reaction score
hi rich. all sounds perfectly normal to me. i still smile too. had mine 4 yrs. enjoy.

Reaction score
I love mine - awesome car,
faultless until the clip snapped on the gear gaiter.
£7 later it was fixed! :D

I need some JC in my life though! :(

Reaction score
I'm with you on this all the way. These are amazing little cars and after 5 years of Clio ownership I'm still loving them. :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Funnily enough I was cleaning mine in the rain, always get sarky comments from neighours.

Re you rear bearings, were they noisy? Think mine are going as similar sound as my old 172!

Reaction score
bearne1 said:
Re you rear bearings, were they noisy? Think mine are going as similar sound as my old 172!

the rear left started off like a world war II bomber was following u around.I left it for about 3 weeks and then it got really loud and for a few days the car was not fun to drive. The garage said it was on the limit of collapsing so def worth getting it looked at sooner rather than later.

People say jack the car up and try and wobble the wheel. Mine never wobbled at all when I did this. Speaking to the garage he said they only wobble when basically collapsed as they are sealed bearings. Also he had to use a lorry press to get them out as his 30 tonne one wasn't enough!

Reaction score
Hinckley, Leics. *182 breaking for spares*
richjones76 said:
bearne1 said:

the rear left started off like a world war II bomber was following u around.I left it for about 3 weeks and then it got really loud and for a few days the car was not fun to drive. The garage said it was on the limit of collapsing so def worth getting it looked at sooner rather than later.

People say jack the car up and try and wobble the wheel. Mine never wobbled at all when I did this. Speaking to the garage he said they only wobble when basically collapsed as they are sealed bearings. Also he had to use a lorry press to get them out as his 30 tonne one wasn't enough!

Surely it would have been easier to just get new discs with the bearings already fitted?

Mat.

Reaction score
The previous owner put the discs on so I don't know what bearings were used but I had genuine ones fitted this time.

Reaction score
richjones76 said:
Matt Wills said:
I love my Trophy and can't see me selling it

:)

same here! I just hope when I do get a new car I can afford to keep the Trophy as well.

I'm running a seperate car fund alongside paying off the T. Only about £200-300 a month. But when the T's paid for, I'll have a good chunk so I can afford to keep it :wink: (unless car fund + T = Nissan GTR)