Reaction score
Bah, Humbug! First day I get to drive the Trophy in a week, girlfriend at a Christening, Sunday morning and it's a fooking monsoon out there! Instead I'm stuck indoors on the blinking internet. I'm emmigrating and taking XOG with me.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just got my PC polisher back, the car needs a serious clean after the ring trip 2 weeks ago, and today was the scheduled day for mintification. I feel your pain :cry:

Reaction score
today was scheduled for a full wash and valet, ruined by the rain :(

i'm embarrassed by the state of the little tomato at the moment, the wheels in particular are a very unusual shade of grey. oh well, next weekend perhaps will provide a cleaning opportunity.......

Reaction score
Spent three hours giving ZXX a little tlc yesterday only for it to rain as soon as I finished waxing. At least I managed to finish the wax! As my mate said yesterday though, you dont wash a shirt and then not wear it in case it gets dirty. . .

So .. thought sod it and spent the day charging through puddles. great fun. :D

Reaction score
Well, I thought bollox to it and went for an epic drive anyway, zoomed around all the country lanes north of Brighton and even went for a walk over the top of the downs to say FXXX YOU to the weather, the PE2's are great for cutting through standing water, met some puddles resembling boating lakes around some corners and there wasn't a sniff of aquaplaning.

Got the first proper intervention from the lazy-arsed ESP too, overtaking in second gear up Mill Road, a de-restricted dual-carriageway, the light stayed on for a couple of seconds and I could feel the rear brakes activating, first one side then the other, I was very impressed, more than can be said for the girlfriend. :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve Gunnis said:
Well, I thought bollox to it and went for an epic drive anyway, zoomed around all the country lanes north of Brighton and even went for a walk over the top of the downs to say FXXX YOU to the weather, the PE2's are great for cutting through standing water, met some puddles resembling boating lakes around some corners and there wasn't a sniff of aquaplaning.

Got the first proper intervention from the lazy-arsed ESP too, overtaking in second gear up Mill Road, a de-restricted dual-carriageway, the light stayed on for a couple of seconds and I could feel the rear brakes activating, first one side then the other, I was very impressed, more than can be said for the girlfriend. :lol:

try it on PE2's that only have a few mm's left..... sh*t myself coming up the a38 yesterday and the car just went off in it own direction for a bout 200 yards..... light cars and standing water don't equate me thinks....

Reaction score
Cue said:
Steve Gunnis said:

try it on PE2's that only have a few mm's left..... sh*t myself coming up the a38 yesterday and the car just went off in it own direction for a bout 200 yards..... light cars and standing water don't equate me thinks....

Time to get down to the trye fitters then you Yorkshireman!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nah, they're not down to the wire yet lol, I've got 2 spare one that'll be going on in the next week or two :)

Reaction score
You found Mill Hill then Steve :)

I'm not sure what's going on with my tyres at the mo, they've got more than a few mill left, but they have completely given up the ghost. Bar having a filthy car for the next 5 months (at least) I actually quite enjoy the Trophy in this weather. I've always found it very satisfying driving in the rain!

Slightly off topic, but speaking of Mill Hill, I've now heard of at least three people in RWD cars that have spun it and ended up in a ditch or lampost. (Luckily, the only damage has been to the cars as going uphill at fairly low speed as they've all spun just as they've put the power down. Apparently they have mostly been low powered Beemers driven by idiots) Just as you go under the bridge and put the hammer down it gets mighty slippy. It's about the only place other than on track where the ESP seems to do anything at all! :wink:

Reaction score
Keeping it off topic, well, it is my thread, I'm very glad you said that Olly, it's the only time I've set the ESP off to that degree in the seven months I've owned it, I had a feeling that if it was switched off I would have got quite out of shape but not dangerously so, all the same I'm glad it was there. It certainly wasn't dangerous or illegal driving, the road surface is just like polished stone in the wet. The Trophy has just got so much grip and composure normally that you have to be a really bad and aggressive driver to upset it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I get ESP all the time round here - tractors leaving crap all over the road doesn't help. Worst when your pullnig out and the TC cuts in, feels like the engine's telling the chassis to "feck off, I'm going even if you wanna stay sitting there".

Just got me thinking, how can you tell if the engine mounts are fucked?

Reaction score
I went into a roundabout (A36 1st one north of M27) way too fast on an early outing in the right lane intending to go straight on :twisted: and got it to flash then under deceleration.....