Reaction score
Basically what i was wondering is how many people use their Trophy for what it was primarily designed for?, and im not necessarily talking about track days but also just goin out for a pointless drive or a bit of a blast on your favourite stretch of road. As daft as it sounds i sometimes feel a bit guilty that mine doesent get used to anywhere near its true potential, i love the car but its almost as if i have the right car at the wrong time. In all my other cars i just used to take off and go for a drive sometimes goin 40 miles or so, but since my son came along 6 months ago its near impossible. It mainly gets used as a bit of a runaround now, which i suppose i see as a bit of a waste

G

When I had my first one I really used it - I only owned it for around six months, but in that time I went to Paris and Reims, Northern England, the Nürburgring, did three track days and used it almost every day. I just couldn't get enough of it and therefore did almost 10k miles in that time. The one I have now is a garage queen, I have to confess. My old one was immaculate and so is this one, but they're older now and nice ones are few and far between, so I want to keep it that way! I do drive it properly when I use it, but that's sadly not that often as I'm pretty busy and use my work car to commute.

Reaction score
Most of the time the t is driven very few miles at a time, by the time its warmed up I've usually reached my destination! However now and again I'm dragged to go watch rallys all over the place (usually Wales) this means setting off very very early, had some amazing runs this summer. Over the year the t is very rarely driven hard, its worth saving it though just for the summer early morning blasts on some amazing Welsh roads.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im out for a drive most weekends on my own, either on the same old classic roads or in search of new ones. I practically have a map of the Lake District stored in my head and in some respects it becomes less exciting as I used to love going out in the Trophy not knowing where I was heading but just driving for the sake of driving. Still love it though :D

Reaction score
Similar to ed55j I attend alot of Rallies throughout Wales, which means I get to have a good blast over the Brecon Beacons on a regular basis when the roads are nice and quiet early doors.

Other than that though it does alot of Motorway miles up and down the M4 to work most days.

Reaction score
Mine is part of a small garage- only used for trackdays and the odd pointless blast: perfect :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine gets driven daily, I've done 25000 miles in it since I purchased it 15 months ago, gets driven mainly on B roads to and from work and the ocassional track day. Ive gone through 12 PE2's and a set of R888's and 2 pairs of front disks and pads since ownership. I fricking love it! :cry:

Reaction score
Wow - can't believe how many tyres you've munched through?!

I work that out to be about £0.07 per mile just on tyres. Put it another way, that's about £2.40 per Gallon equivalent.

Reaction score
474 has been a second car since i bought it back in july 2007, the first year of ownership i did 20,000 miles of pure pleasure driving, i literally lived in it,but the last couple of years shes just been a weekend/odd evening car as i have a williams 3 for my daily drive :D

Reaction score
I use mine to commute 90 miles a day, travel to meetings all over the country, do track days & European holidays/driving jaunts.

Subsequently, Trophy No. 433 has done 14k in 4 months :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine is the daily.
12k/year with the odd driving day in north wales. I might start some track driving next summer.

Reaction score
Sir_Dave said:
Subsequently, Trophy No. 433 has done 14k in 4 months :lol:

Wow, thats a decent amount! Thought the 20k a year i'm currently putting on mine was high.

Mine's an everyday car (30 miles each weekday and around 270 at the weekend). It doesn't really go much above 4k during the week but usually it gets the cobwebs blown away at least once per tank :wink:

keo

Reaction score
aucky said:
Mine is the daily.
12k/year with the odd driving day in north wales. I might start some track driving next summer.

How many miles has yours done mate? It looked super clean at the chester meet the other month :)

Reaction score
Mine has been everywhere! Last owner used it as a daily driver, doing around 100+miles a day traveling to work, he drove up to Scotland from London, France, Ireland Wales etc.... I bought it on 58k and I have been to Scotland, London blasting around the lakes and used as a daily driver. I share lifts to work now so gets used every 2 weeks.

Ben how's things? Haven't seen you for ages!!

Reaction score
I've done about 10k in a year in mine.

I've done a trackday in that period.

I like to think I use mine properly, but, it's time and work dependant. I give it a blast when I can but do enjoy giving it a good clean almost as much as a proper thrash.

Reaction score
Last month at the ring
DSC01122.jpg
DSC_2229.jpg
had it a few months bought it with 15k on the clock its nearly got 21k on it now i love it :D