Reaction score
I recent brought a 1.2 dynamique 51plate for my first car, Basically im aiming for it to look like a Clio Sport Replica , Colour Coding, Rs spoiller, Rs Grill, 182 Alloys Etc...
Not so long ago i purchased a Peco Full System stainless steel exhaust (Cat-back) And what a mistake i made The fitting is crap and the noise is stupidly loud, Ive called a couple of performance car shops up and they have pointed me in the direction of a Scorpion Full system Cat back telling me that this would be a lot quieter. All i really wanted is an exhaust that sound abit nicer when your giving it some than the standard one. Any ideas on a brand of exhaust what would do the job?

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to suggest exhaust-wise (my Powerflow is rattling and needs re-welding after only 3 years on the Trophy) but I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest you re-think your spending.

IMO there is no point in making a 1.2 look like a renaultsport car. You will spend a shedload on making it look like something its not AND your insurance will go up considerably with all those extra parts.

Save your pennies, get some no claims built up on your 1.2 then look at 172/182s in 1-2 years time. With a couple of years NCB the insurance will be hopefully not astronomical, you will have saved money by not modding your 1.2 AND you will have the REAL thing sooner than if you spend all that money tarting up a 1.2.

Just my opinion though and each to their own! ;)

Reaction score
Get a K-Tec stealth if you need an exhaust, doesnt look or soubd overly loud from wgat I've seen.

Reaction score
I've got this for sale off my 1.2 16v mk2 that I have just sold.

Silenced in two places, got a nice purr when you give it some but silent at motorway and cruising speeds.

Payed close to £400 to get the whole lot done. Has a lifetime guarantee as well. Its mainly a pro-speed stainless steel exhuast system, but one of the silencers is a top-gear/longlife one.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Unless you plan on keeping the 1.2 forever I'd say save your money for your next car.
I know its nice to play but by the looks of things you've spent enough money on a 1.2 Clio already.

I only did a few mods to my 1.2 and the Trophy was well worth the wait.