Reaction score
my trophy has started to sort of jerk wen i put my foot down but its not like a wrong gear its more of a stop start jerk like its not fireing properly. A orange light keeps on flashing at me sometimes when this happens. its the exhaust gas monitor light or something? been told it could be water in the peterol? just started when i had no choice but to fill up at morrisons instead of my usual shell v power! got v power in it now and just hoping that it stops? Any suggesttions and does anyone know if i take it to the stealer will they charge for a diognostics or will it be covered under warranty? Sory if its a rubbish discription!! cheers

Reaction score
Only speculation, but sounds like the infamous oxygen sensor to me, apparently it's always going kaput on 172/182's. I would take it in to the stealers, you've go tnothing to lose, the car is under warranty and something is definitely faulty so either they'll fix it under warranty or they'll say it was caused by an aftermarket tax disc holder putting undue stress on the exhaust system and won't, either way - you won't pay.

Good Luck!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Have asked around on this and it's kinda blank looks all round, hopefully it's just shocking fuel and it will sort itself. Why not go for a long blast. :)

Edit:Or it could be what steve just posted :oops:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if th engine is warm when it's happening my guess would be either the O2 sensor or traction control????

Reaction score
I've just got back from my second service and Renault are going to fix my sensor. Your symptoms sound exactly like what my baby was doing. I didn't ask but i assume they are going to fix it under warranty. It got to be a pain when trying to overtake and the car almost dying.

Reaction score
took her to the stealer this morning and they said it was the plug leads which i take it they mean the spark plug leads!! They rekon they have "temperely" fixed them and its booked in next monday to have new ones put on. How you fix something like that tempererly is beyond me? no mention of any cost eitha so will let you know how it goes. cheers for the feedback anyhow!

Reaction score
Spark plug leads are cheap, even good ones (which the standard ones aren't) and they take about 5 minutes to fit, so don't get ripped off. Should be warranty covered in my opinion, but they'll probably say they're 'consumables' or 'degradables', the latter including every part of the car - being a Renault.

Reaction score
well she went back in today! What a load of plum's they are at my local stealers(Which is D.Kitchens)! never going there again. it took them 4 hours to sort it when they said it would only be 45 mins, they are all a bunch of ***** and arrogant arses. they replaced the plugs and leads. I only replaced the plugs 1000 miles ago when she had her 12000 service. The head technician bloke couldnt even tell me what plugs they used? totally useless. Also i noticed the rattle from the passenger seat so asked them to look at it n sort it and they haven't, just said that they thought that if it was that serious they would know about it. so going to the next nearest garage which i have heard is really good to see what they will do? Cheers for all the advice