Reaction score
Test drove a trophy today. On full left lock there was a grinding noise (sorry not sure how to describe it) coming from the right front suspension. Any idea what that might be possible?

Reaction score
I had something like this on mine when I bought it, it turned out to be the Anti roll bar bushes.

Took over £500 off the price for a £10 fix :D

Reaction score
Mmm - just not knowledgeable enough to make the plunge. Could have had a cheap low mileage trophy but too many niggles with the car to commit. Car was also pulling to the right and noise from right front (not a knock) which I was wondering whether it was damper related (no refurb carried out).

Felt a little loose in steering around centre but not sure if I am asking too much really (comparing to a 200 which I have)?

Reaction score
Was thinking about calling for a visit yesterday but it now says deposit taken anyway..

Reaction score
Was thinking about calling for a visit yesterday but it now says deposit taken anyway..

May be a bargain for someone with mechanical knowledge but no damper refurb, needed tyres, needed repair to passenger door hinge, alloy refurb ideally, in addition to possible issues above. There's another advertised with 77k on the clock which looks mint at £4995 with good exaltos on. Personally I would be heading in that direction. My own trophy aspirations might be on hold for the minute!

Reaction score
It needed a front splitter aswell. When I asked the owner why it didn't have one he said I don't know I bought it like that. This plus the lack of damper rebuild plus an 8hr drive put me off! LoL

on goes the search might take a while!......

Reaction score
Defo a few sold recently though too, quite a few vanished as I've been watching daily. Mileage is such a massive factor it seems.

Reaction score
It needed a front splitter aswell. When I asked the owner why it didn't have one he said I don't know I bought it like that. This plus the lack of damper rebuild plus an 8hr drive put me off! LoL

on goes the search might take a while!......

Owner is a nice lad but I didn't get the impression he knew much about the car TBH. Oops missed the splitter! Also no engine cover but no major concern.

Reaction score
Defo a few sold recently though too, quite a few vanished as I've been watching daily. Mileage is such a massive factor it seems.

Would rather buy a truly and obviously cherished car from an enthusiast with higher miles.

Reaction score
'Oops missed the splitter! Also no engine cover but no major concern'

If you knew what you were looking at then you would know trophy's don't come with an engine cover from new.:eek: