Reaction score
I intend to track the car on a regular basis so the Michelin just wouldn't be up to the job. The yoko AD08 is super sticky and can take lots of track work in it's stride too.

If your going to track the car regularly I wouldn't worry too much about having the Sachs as a decent coilover setup would be more suited and Nitron are very good on other cars.

Also its worth getting a set of 15's as tires are so much cheaper and the 16's are a bit of a heavy wheel.

Let me know if you need any advice as I've had a Trophy for years and done a "few" mods to mine ;)

Enjoy the car anyway there great little tracktoys.

Reaction score
Thanks for that advice. Well yes I intend to do at least 10 trackdays a year if I can. So track setup is vital for me so I may go for the Nitron kit as soon as it's finished.

Cheers

Reaction score
That is seriously not on. Surely if the dealer has promised you something, and it turns out to be not what they promised, they are in the wrong and your entiltled to compensation etc etc?

Reaction score
If you were still after a set, I have the trophy shockers and springs I've just removed from the car I just bought, with no intention to ever refitting them again.
i have been assured by a trusted Clio Sport member and the seller that they were refurbished 2 years back.

your welcome to have a look over them or give me a shout if interested.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Bin the Sach's rears and get Koni adjustables at the least if you're gona put it on track. The rear end will be trying to lift off otherwise. I have a set of 5 15" OZs fitted to the old Clio Sport if you're interested? Perfect offset for the Clio Trophy.

Reaction score
That is seriously not on. Surely if the dealer has promised you something, and it turns out to be not what they promised, they are in the wrong and your entiltled to compensation etc etc?

Unfortunately this sometimes happens in the trade , when you get something misdescribed. If I had collected the Clio myself then this would not have happened but I sent a collection company and they were not to know. So hey ho I have gotten over that now but yes it's annoying though because extra expense is coming right up.

Reaction score
If you were still after a set, I have the trophy shockers and springs I've just removed from the car I just bought, with no intention to ever refitting them again.
i have been assured by a trusted Clio Sport member and the seller that they were refurbished 2 years back.

your welcome to have a look over them or give me a shout if interested.

Thank you very much for the offer , but as someothers have mentioned too with my intenion to track the car I think some fully adjustable coilovers are going to be required. But thanks anyway , really good of you. Cheers

Reaction score
Bin the Sach's rears and get Koni adjustables at the least if you're gona put it on track. The rear end will be trying to lift off otherwise. I have a set of 5 15" OZs fitted to the old Clio Sport if you're interested? Perfect offset for the Clio Trophy.

Well thanks again for the offer but I like the Trophy wheels so will keep them although I have been told that 15 inch wheel would be better for tracking . Vanity hey !

Do you have the Koni's then , how are they on track ??

Cheers

Reaction score
Neil, it's no problem buddy.
ive done the same and fitted some AST's now :)