Reaction score
Hi all.

I have recently fitted some Eibach sportline springs to my trophy. Now when i am approaching or on full lock when manoeuvering the top mounts are clonking away like a good'un? It used to make the noise every now and then before i put them on but no way near as much as it is now? actually feels like the car skips forward a little? has anyone else with eibachs experienced this?

Cheers

Reaction score
I get this on full lock when reversing slowly first thing in the morning, a judder like the wheels are skipping. Don't get so much when the tyres have warmed up also only really started happening during this cold snap.

Reaction score
Yep its a judder on mine too. could be down to cold weather i suppose?

Reaction score
The strut knocking is an easy fix. Just place a washer between the top cap and the strut, this lifts the top cap up a little and allows the strut to move that little bit just like on a Clio V6.

Reaction score
you're probably just noticing it more mate, and i agree with everyone, cold makes it worse. Mine skips too, but get it hardly at all in the summer

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I normally find turning when starting the car the ABS test makes the car sound worst then it actually is. If you then do another turn once the ABS has tested the noise doesn't return until you next start the car.