Reaction score
Year 2000 (X reg) Black, 60K miles, VGC. This is my girlfirends car, we're doing our bit for the planet by sharing a car (she is going to get insured on the Trophy (Gulp!))

Advert here;

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/146971.htm

If you know anyone who's after this sort of car, please send them the link.

Thanks

Steve

Reaction score
autotrader it..... we had a good response when selling a car on there to the extent we could have sold it 6 times over!

Reaction score
Thanks G, I will be, just thought I'd try the free sites for a short while, it's £15 isn't it?

How's the 306 doing? A three car household eh? Are you a climate change sceptic by chance? :wink:

There's a supsension geo thread needs your input if you can dig the figures out.

Reaction score
Steve said:
Thanks G, I will be, just thought I'd try the free sites for a short while, it's £15 isn't it?

Not sure as the Valver we sold was in the cheapo section.... tbh the website ad is well worth the money, wouldnt really bother with the magazine section

Steve said:
How's the 306 doing? A three car household eh? Are you a climate change sceptic by chance? :wink:

Yeah the Pug is going alright, racked up a couple of hundred miles in it already so it's doing the job i bought it for.... i just hope the budget is kind to us tomorrow and the road tax else it'll prove expensive to run 3 cars! :wink:

Steve said:
There's a supsension geo thread needs your input if you can dig the figures out.

I had seen and will dig out figures.... 474 is setup differently to 328 was so i'll do an indepth post later.... I have been having a few issues with the setup but have overcome these now - big thanks to Donkey and George K for all of their advice :D :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
"selling due to moving in with boyfriend and no need for second car. " Not only is that a big step but insuring on the Trophy as well....!!!!...... Good luck :shock:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
"selling due to moving in with boyfriend and no need for second car. " Not only is that a big step but insuring on the Trophy as well....!!!!...... Good luck :shock:

This will be me soon :shock: . More money to spend on the car, but then i'll probably need it.

Reaction score
Cue said:

Bubbles and me are insured on each others cars..... have been since almost the first day we were dating..... no mishaps at all (*touch wood*) with either car

sure Steve's gf will take good care of his baby :wink:

Reaction score
Good luck with the sale Steve - have you thought about doing something similar to Gareth i.e. keeping the Trophy 'special' and possibly buying another 205 GTI to use as a runner? I know you like the old 205 GTI's - surely you could have one of those bought and insured on classic cover for around 1k?

Reaction score
DOn't tempt me! The thing is I really can't justify two cars as I'm walking to work, so it's purely a social/fun car now. If I do decide to get a another car it will be a 'project' car because I miss the fettling and in the event that I go for another pug I will point the missus to this thread and blame it all on you!

Reaction score
I guess i could shoulder that responsibility for you if it helps!

dont say the thought hadnt crossed your mind previously though :wink:

Reaction score
only reasons i can think of is it's an auto and it's also the saloon version which is pretty unusual to see..... most people seem to think of a Focus as a hatchback....

Reaction score
Totally agree Gareth, It would not be my choice (Nor Emily's, she probably didn't even walk around the back!) I think the Focus Saloon was for people who don't like the stigma of owning a hatchback but couldn't afford a Mondeo, did you know there's a Clio Saloon? When I went to Prague I saw one (They're very rare - I think), I did a real double take!

Reaction score
Thanks Steve, would you be interested? Maybe if I chop it and the Trophy in for an S2000? Found out yesterday Emily loves them. :roll: At least she has taste, hates the MG TF.

Reaction score
If I had a suitable S2000 - buying one in the trade for sensible money is nearly impossible. Plus they nearly always need rear tyres from what I've seen etc etc. But you never know.

I'll keep an eye open tho. You should check out insurance too.