Focal 130A1 Component speaker system inc clio tweeter mounts

Ajr

Reaction score
Hey all!

I have refitted the standard head unit and some cheap speakers to my trophy. Therefore i have my focal component setup for sale!

These speakers are designed for high sound quality and in a different league to the usual crap you see in the shops.

Here are a few details:

2-way 13cm (5.25") component speakers
Woofer: 130mm
Voice Coil: 25mm
Magnet: 85mm
TN 44, aluminum inverted dome tweeter
Crossover: 12/12dB/octave (5kHz) with adjustable tweeter 3 level settings
Max. power handling: 100W
Nom. power handling: 50W
Sensitivity: (2,83 V/1m) : 91dB
Frequency response: 65Hz-20KHz

Pics:
What you get:

DSCF1837.gif

Tweeters in standard mounts:

DSCF1840.gif

Crossovers inc modification:

DSCF1841.gif

Fitted:

Picture021.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture045.jpg

Mine are about 6 months old. They have been driven with 40wRMS per channel & sound deadening so haven't had distortion thrown through them, than and i'm an audiophile not an SPL head.

I have made crude mounts for these out of standard clio trophy tweeters modified to house the Focal high quality tweeters. These fit straight into the standard location, as do the woofer units.

One of the crossovers was tempramental when i first fitted them, after a fiddle it worked fine but gave up totally a few months ago when rewiring the sound system. This was down to a poor soldered joint on the board, when i tried to repair it the contact on the board was very poor so i ended up soldering a wire link into the board. This works fine and doesn't affect how the crossover sounds. I tested the board thoroughly. French speakers eh...

These retail at £150. The cheapest available is £120+P&P. I am offering these at £80 collected or £100 all fitted(includes dashboard top off, fascia removal to fit crossovers, wiring tweeters independantly of standard wiring & mods to ISO loom to leave standard wiring intact)

I am open to offers, although i don't really want to budge on price, i have piles of car audio stuff here that will some day find a new home in one of my fleet :oops: