amm

Reaction score
I have just done my first track day with them and i am well impressed i did not get any brake fade at all and i was almost out braking the new 197 with it's brembo brakes .

my brother was there with his 182 and had mintex 1155 brake pads and experience brake fade but give him and the pads there due he was on slick tyres which meant he was caring Moore speed thew some of the bends .

Reaction score
Yes the mintexs are shi* and the DS2500 did fell good for the 3 lap I did in it have to say I couldn't have bun any more laps in it as keeped forgetting that it was on road tyres. Slick make the Clio so much faster :D

Reaction score
Good feedback guys, the Ferodo's are very tempting seeing as they are a fair few quid cheaper than the PF 97/Pagid options.

What slicks are you running?

amm

Reaction score
OliS said:
Good feedback guys, the Ferodo's are very tempting seeing as they are a fair few quid cheaper than the PF 97/Pagid options.

Neal is running part worn slicks of the Clio cup racers £20 to £25 a Tyre .

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Having got to the end of my DS2500's which i've been very pleased with, i've just ordered a set of Pagid RS4-2's (Blues) to try next. I want to see where they fit in between the DS2500's and the PF97's and then i'll know which pad to stay with in the future.

Reaction score
Nik said:
Having got to the end of my DS2500's which i've been very pleased with, i've just ordered a set of Pagid RS4-2's (Blues) to try next. I want to see where they fit in between the DS2500's and the PF97's and then i'll know which pad to stay with in the future.

Nik, do the DS2500 squeak much?

My Mintex M1177 pads squeal like a pig but are great on track.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No, they dont squeak at all really, maybe a tiny bit with light braking at low speeds, but you can only really hear that if you have the windows open.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
amm said:
OliS said:

Neal is running part worn slicks of the Clio cup racers £20 to £25 a Tyre .

how did he get hold of them?

Reaction score
If you go for ds2500 or rs42 for the front pads, do you have to get the same for the rears?

Reaction score
richyboy123 said:
If you go for ds2500 or rs42 for the front pads, do you have to get the same for the rears?

No - the rears don't have enough bias/weight to warrant upgraded pads (from the view of your average weekend trackday warrior).

O.