Reaction score
exactly, its a styling thing more than a performance item (i have one, but i'm cool :D)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
from what i know of carbon fibre stuff, they differ tremendously in quality and weight. I don't know about the standard carbon stuff that say K-tec do, but the one i lifted felt a load lighter than standard. e.g. more than 3kg.

I was told by the guy that it's 7-8 kg lighter than the OE bonnet, having lifted the two I'd say he wasn't lying. As I say though other bonnets that are maybe manufactured with more bonding substance or a different weave of carbon fibre may be heavier, possibly stronger also.

Reaction score
what make was the one in question??

std bonnet is 11kg, carbon bonnets for the clios are generally 8kg

we had a carbon skin (no under structure on the blue car that weighed 1.8kg (until i smashed it up!)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
wasn't a skin, I dunno the manufacturer - he had it made somewhere down south. They mft race parts in carbon fibre..... I think they had carbon in their name but was a while back and my memory is sheeiiitttee with names.

Was definately lighter and I'd say by more than 3 kg. I may have to do some research on this but i need a new bonnet and 3kg is better than nowt :) especially as, if i buy it cheap enough, the insurance will cover a large portion of the cost.

Reaction score
well just watch the quality, as the mass produced ones have more ripples in the clear coat than the English Channel