Reaction score
not a fan of that carbon bonnet, that answers a question in my mind of what would a c/f bonnet look like on a trophy.

new wheels aswell are they? look fairly black to me!

Reaction score
I may be wrong - but are those aftermarket wheels heavier than the stock Corse items? I can't imagine adding unsprung weight to the car!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Matt has Brembo 4 pots fitted.

I believe there may be problems with these fitting behind the standard trophy wheels (offset perhaps) so that may have necessitated the change of wheel.

Day

Reaction score
Looks great in my opinion.

Stands out from the rest ;)

As Nik says spacers and longer wheelbolts are required for the standard alloys when using those 4-pots.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
they're his track wheels I think - he had some 15"'s but had to get rid as they didn't fit over the brembo calipers he's had fitted, personally i'd paint the cf bonnet with a thinnish paint solution - red but with see through wieve, I think that'd be ok.

Reaction score
oliie said:
I may be wrong - but are those aftermarket wheels heavier than the stock Corse items? I can't imagine adding unsprung weight to the car!

I believe those wheels are Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's which are a very light wheel and iirc they are actually lighter than the standard Turinis.

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
oliie said:

I believe those wheels are Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's which are a very light wheel and iirc they are actually lighter than the standard Turinis.

Excellent... that should really help the handling then :) Nice!

O.

Reaction score
182 bonnet is ridiculously heavy, but I don't think I'd go for the unpainted CF one. Too many wankstains out there with carbon skinds on their mum's corsa's. Makes the Trophy look like a bit crass. He did it for the right reasons so fair play to him, probably looks better in reality too.

Reaction score
looks good in reality, not so good close up rough edges etc but even he will say its not perfect after speaking at combe on sat.

Reaction score
I have actually seen A Trophy with a Carbon Bonnet that had been painted, the only way you could see it was carbon was because the guy a left a small edge around the outside unpainted and also had the Trophy logo masked into the bottom corner before the bonet had been painted.

Looked really nice wish I had got a picture of it. Never got to speak to the guy but left him a flyer. :cry:

Reaction score
SteveC said:
I have actually seen A Trophy with a Carbon Bonnet that had been painted, the only way you could see it was carbon was because the guy a left a small edge around the outside unpainted and also had the Trophy logo masked into the bottom corner before the bonet had been painted.

Looked really nice wish I had got a picture of it. Never got to speak to the guy but left him a flyer. :cry:

that seems quite good.... i might be able to get my hands on a carbon bonnet so might see whether someone can do some good photoshops of that

i agree with the whole idea of the carbon bonnet, just not leavng it unpainted. (hypocritical i know when my GF has an unpainted one fitted to her car :wink: )

Reaction score
SteveC said:

Strangely enough, I was thinking when I saw this thread, a carbon bonnet would be a nice upgrade - painted obviously! But I thought it would be nice to have a hint of the weave showing and I had exactly the same idea, just a very small Trophy logo at the leading edge perhaps.. I'd be interested to see what it looks like.. even if I can't afford it anyway!!!

Reaction score
To be honest - who cares what others think of the car? A carbon bonnet is there for a functional reason vs a steel one. I really could not care if someone thought my car was 'chavved up' - after all, it is on a Trophy, not a 1.2 Corsa!

That said, what is the weight saving on a CF bonnet? Is it better to go aluminium? Does the Cup have an aluminium bonnet?

O.

Reaction score
going by KTR's site, their vented cf bonnet is 4-5 kg lighter than a normal bonnet, so would be around that weight without the vent.