Reaction score
Hi all just wonder how many of you had had the ecu mounting bracket snap? I had mine replaced under warranty about 3 months ago and its gone already. Renault informed me it had already been done once before. its not a massive problem as not making any rattle like i've heard from some people but just a bit anoying.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Yep. Had the one on my 172 Cup fail and the Trophy. I've given up and just used a cable tie and tape to secure it.

Reaction score
yep myne whent last week there was a constant squeeking from it so i replaced it it was only £10 from renault easy enough to fit !

Reaction score
Mines been done the liars at renault said that they have'nt seen that problem before!!!!!!!! anyhow i had an 08 old shape clio as a loan car and had a look at the bracket and noticed it had a differant fixing point

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
oldmanspeed said:
Mines been done the liars at renault said that they have'nt seen that problem before!!!!!!!! anyhow i had an 08 old shape clio as a loan car and had a look at the bracket and noticed it had a differant fixing point

My local dealer said the same thing. So i printed off some posts from CS and showed it to them... it was soon changed :)
I need a good local dealer to go to as i received the recall letter about the bonnet catch but don't really want to take it anywhere near Renault...

Reaction score
How would i find out if it's been recalled or not. I got the car about a year ago?

Reaction score
I've had my ecu bracket done too. As for bonnet catch it wasn't done 12 months ago when I had the car, or 9-10 months ago when I had the alarm sorted. But every time in the last three months I've been in it's been down on the job card for it to be checked and has now been changed.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Cue said:
you've only just received that letter? god, it was issues well over 18 months ago [-X

They sent me a letter recorded delivery saying it was the second time they tried contacting me... well they didn't try very hard the first time.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
mattd1984 said:
How would i find out if it's been recalled or not. I got the car about a year ago?

There maybe something like a slip of paper in the service book to say its been checked or replaced. They sent me the slip with the letter though which doesn't make sense as they've not yet seen the car.