Reaction score
Reading all these reports about what might be 'normal' for a Trophy (the suspension clunk?) and what is definately not (the sticking throttle) made me think we need some feedback from the guys who developed the car at Renault. Maybe they need some feedback from US too!

This forum is probably the best source of information about living with Trophies that exists. Maybe it would be a good idea for 'the management' here to try and find a direct link to someone in Renault who would be interested in this kind of feedback. I dont mean so we can have a go at them, merely that If there are genuine concerns like sticking throttles, clunking suspension and hyperactive alarms, we might get to know what is really 'normal' and what needs rectifying. Some of the issues like the sticking throttle are potentially very serious for all of us. Others may just be little quirks we have to live with (like the wife).
Sorry to add to your burden, but wodya think Mr Administrator?

Reaction score
You could try but:

1) Renault would not want to take part as they may consider it as accepting liability; and
2) many of the problems identified on Trophy's are in fact not Trophy specific (e.g. sticking throttle would have nothing to do with the Trophy).

Just my two cents from Renault's potential point of view...

Cheers
O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Malc, a very good point, Renault could learn a lot from the problems and experiences that are discussed on here.

Fortunately I know that Renault people do read this and the other Clio websites, in fact the brand manager of Renault UK is an active member of this forum.

I'm not sure how much we can do to formally get them to read the forum, and follow up on any problems people have had though. I expect as is reasonable that Renault would ask each individual to raise any concerns or issues they have directly with their customer services department, where it can be handled with and tracked in the official manner rather than on third party forum.

Hopefully though, a major benefit of a community such as this is that between our combined knowledge of clio ownership we know what are common problems and hopefully can offer solutions on them. On the other hand, if there is something more serious that the forum as a whole feel should be brought to the attention of Renault (after having raised the issue themselves with Renault Customer Services) then i'm more than happy to work with them to put the question in writing to Renault on behalf of the club if you feel that might help.

Reaction score
Others have them?

Have other 182 owners reported the same problems too?
Maybe I should go and read the 182 forum! :lol:

Reaction score
All good points and yes, they're all read. You can ask technical questions directly through the renaultsport.co.uk site

Reaction score
This point has been raised a number of times on the renaultsport.co.uk forum and apart from the 'ask the experts' part of the renaultsport website there is no official 'issues list' as it were.
Its one of my biggest pet peeves that there's no organised common bugs/common fixes faculty available to Renault garages, even more so than us. I shouldn't have to take my Trophy to multiple Renault garages before my alarm gets fixed but thats exactly what I have to do cause the first one ignored my info on the volumetric alarm problem and didn't have some common database to look up the problem in and had to rely solely on the technicians ability/interest in the problem, which wasn't enough to get it corrected.
As Ollie says, its likely they don't want to officialy acknowledge common problems. Just another deficient aspect of customer service really. One garage can fix a problem in 30 mins, while another can't do anything and its a shame that has to occur as often as not.
The only current info for common problems is found searching here, renaultsport.co.uk and cliosport.net