Reaction score
I apologise if these have been asked, I tried to do a search my my internet is really really lagging today.

My car has started the dreading ticking from the cat to exhaust joint, only very slight but I know its there so its getting sorted, so I'm going to order the bolts, springs and gasket.

I'm thinking, while i'm under the car getting dirty, its an ideal chance to have a little tinker.

Do the decat pipes make much difference on the trophy?
Do they cause any running problems, emission lights etc?
I know they aren't road legal, and will not pass mot etc, but are they frowned apon if I do ever decide to do a trackday?
Do they have much of an effect on the sound of the car?

Reaction score
Also, aside from Renault, does anybody supply the fitting kits? (ie k-tec etc) Our local dealer has closed down, so mail order would be a lot easier.

Reaction score
dunno how they affect noise on a standard exhaust, but on my stainless it made it easily twice as loud and alot angrier sounding!

as for power gains theyre fairly minimal, people reckon a few bhp, alot over on CS say theyre only worth having if the cars mapped to have a decat, that will see the biggest gain in power and torque, otherwise its mostly just noise and little bit more power at the top of the rev range.

as for legality they won't pass MOT's, i doubt any tracks would mind if you had one fitted, theres alot of louder cars out there! Mines been on about 4 months now and the emission light came on once, on a long journey down to cornwall, just use one of the £20 code readers to reset it!

Reaction score
I ran a decat on a standard exhaust system and yes it does make it louder but not much it will how ever make an after market louder also.no big power gains but every little helps it does rev better top end.

It will also bring on the emissions light intermittently this very much depends on YOUR driving style and conditions

Simple fix - buy a cheap code reader,when it comes on plug in clear fault,usually its the second lambda sensor mine used to come on say once every 6 months or so.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Mine does have a Miltek fitted at the moment, i'm a bit 50/50 so I might not bother and save myself the money. Just thought it would be an ideal chance to make my own mark on the car, but don't want to ruin it. I'm thinking i'd be happier with £70 worth of fuel and a long drive ;)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Badger did you have the decat fitted for the annual meet?
BTW I always assumed a mapped decat was the best way of getting a chunk of extra bhp?

Reaction score
Badger did you have the decat fitted for the annual meet?
BTW I always assumed a mapped decat was the best way of getting a chunk of extra bhp?

No mate i didn't, i think it was around 3 - 4 weeks after the meet that i got it on the car!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah, that'll be why i didn't notice that you didn't not have one?????????????????????

Just leaving the seats down for a in mine for a little while is enough for me.

Reaction score
Ah, that'll be why i didn't notice that you didn't not have one?????????????????????

Just leaving the seats down for a in mine for a little while is enough for me.

Mine was far too loud with the back seats out, hence yesterdays soundproofing ...

Reaction score
i have a scorpian rs192 decat mainly because i got a jms rs2 fitted with remap, its not much louder just a little bit more meaty sounding but the 192 is one of the quieter sounding systems, its a bit more boomy at motorway speeds but i have driven it from portsmouth to glasgow and not really noticed it being much louder. It will free it up a bit due to the lack of back pressure, if you are getting a remap and other mods then its a good idea or get a sports cat but that was about twice the price and i awas strapped for cash at the time. My emissions light has not come on yet and as for mot pick a back street place and bung him some drinks money, my guy down here said he would pass it. Sports cat the best option then you dont have to swap back to the cat every year.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The decat makes a big difference to the noise level, my old Scorpion RS192 was nice and quiet, until the decat pipe brought it to life. My Yozzasport was pretty loud to begin with but what a noise it makes now with the decat pipe! Inside the car the decat made it alot more boomier in certain rev ranges but it depends on which exhaust and mods you have etc.. From about 3 -4Krpm my head feels like it's going to implode.

Reaction score
BenG just wondered why you went from the scorpion 192 to the yozza? personal choice?

Did you notice any improvement in power.

I have the 192 waiting to be fitted in the spring.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
BenG just wondered why you went from the scorpion 192 to the yozza? personal choice?

Did you notice any improvement in power.

I have the 192 waiting to be fitted in the spring.

When I was in the marked for a new exhaust I was torn between the RS192 and the Yozzasport. I had the RS192 for 2 years and I just fancied a change. I enjoyed the RS192, it was a nice system and sounded lovely, it took a while to line it all up correctly and I also had to pack the hangers in order for it to sit nice but once fitted I didn't have to adjust it much. I did have to have a new mid section replaced under warrenty as the welds blew but the customer service was excellent and they send a new piece out very quickly, lifetime warrenty too.

The yozzasport took me 15 mins to fit on my own with no car ramp and it lined up perfectly straight away with no packing of the hangers, it sounds more sportier and a fair bit louder than the RS192.

I didn't notice any power increase over the RS192, just an increase in noise.