Reaction score
Trophy No.
Handling been shot lately and checked the tyres, 1 was on 7mm and the other on 2mm! Long story but had a puncture on the other 7mm and have been running a spare for a few months.

Just got back from a local garage who fitted a new PS3 and did the allignment and filled the tyres with Nitrogen, car feels fresh and very 'grippy' again! Luckily my local tyre/exhaust garage have a Hunter machine and only cost £35 to sort out the front (was out).

Next week I need to replace the heater panel as the black/grey surface of mine seems to have come off.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I got quoted £108 fitted if that helps?

Just ring around until you get the best price - top quote was £145!

Reaction score
What does filling them with nitrogen do??? I'm getting some new ps3's in the next week or so and the best place I've found is camskill where there up at £96 each!!

Reaction score
have you sourced a heater panel? i have the same problem so let me know if you find a price and part number please

filling with nitrogen provides a more stable tyre pressure as it doesnt expand with heat as much as filling with air does, in racing it has the benefit of more constant and predicatable grip levels. on a road car its probably not worth it but some places do it for free or a couple of £ so why not :D

Reaction score
Nitrogen is 78.1% of the air we breath the the rest is oxygen so by filling your tyres with normal air its filling them with 78.1% nitrogen and 21.9% oxygen so it's not gonna have much effect. It's the same for the sachs dampers, the bottom half of the remote chamber is filled with nitrogen so if it looses it's presure you could just pump it up with air till you get it refurbed.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
blueseidboy said:
have you sourced a heater panel? i have the same problem so let me know if you find a price and part number please

filling with nitrogen provides a more stable tyre pressure as it doesnt expand with heat as much as filling with air does, in racing it has the benefit of more constant and predicatable grip levels. on a road car its probably not worth it but some places do it for free or a couple of £ so why not :D

Have managed to get a second hand one via Ebay with no damage for £10 but have no idea how to fit! I would imagine Renault price to be around the £100 mark.

Only cost me a couple of quid for the Nitrogen and saves me constantly stopped to have tyres pumped up, etc.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
jezzerbing said:
What tyres are the ps3's ??????
Jez.

New Michelin tyre to replace the existing Exalto PE2.

Better wear rate so I have read which is perfect considering my Trophy is a daily commute car.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Adam Trophy 37 said:
the bottom half of the remote chamber is filled with nitrogen so if it looses it's presure you could just pump it up with air till you get it refurbed.

But Nitrogen is inert and won't allow the oil to oxidise etc.
Most enclosed oil systems are usually nitrogen padded.

Reaction score
The term "inert gases" is used for gases containing low contents of oxygen ie nitrogen.
Also ps3 tyres are the Michelin replacement for the pilot exalto. They stand for pilot sport 3. They only make the exalto in 17 inch now. I just bought a pair for the front, paid 230 fitted at my local tyre shop.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had 4 PS3's fitted recently and so far I think they are really good. There is loads of grip in the wet!
I'm not really clued up on the whole tyre subject but I would go as far as saying I am more happier with them than the PE2's. I used them on a damp track this morning and they held up very well.

I had them nitrogen filled and after a session on track (about 10 laps) the pressures on the front went up to 40psi from 33psi which I thought was pretty good, I didn't change the pressures all day although in the afternoon when the sun came out they overheated and I lost alot of grip.

Reaction score
OK so a new tyre & tracking checked... and a second hand heater panel.

So what was the treat for the T?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
For me the car does not get the treatment it deserves so took the time out to put it right.

I suppose the real 'treat' was a spirited drive afterwards and then a trip to Silverstone this morning ;-)