Lee

Reaction score
Renault UK don't even know how much they are!!!

From what I've been told they are quite a lot more than that for the fronts, the rears aren't so bad.

Reaction score
One big expensive reason why to get rid of the Trophy before the warranty is up! I sure don't fancy ever having to replace them outta pocket :eek:

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
One big expensive reason why to get rid of the Trophy before the warranty is up! I sure don't fancy ever having to replace them outta pocket :eek:

Or just get them rebuilt, will probably work out much cheaper than sourcing new items from Reno.

Lee

Reaction score
Chances are they will outlast the rest of the car anyway, it's not like they are crap crap like the ones on a 182. Mine only lasted 18500 miles!!

Reaction score
Is there a chance Renault ordered 3 sets for each car and come replacement time they can be ordered in and fitted?

It must be cheaper to produce a single batch of say 2000 sets than to get Sachs to run off a set each time one is needed!?!?

Given they subsidised the cost of the dampers on the cars there could also be a chance they will subsidise the cost when they need to be replaced.... The Trophy is a statement for Renault of how good their cars can be so they may be prepared to keep that mantle?

Reaction score
I was informed by Renault at the weekend that there are no spare dampers for the Trophy!! So don't break one. If you need a replacement you have to go back to regular 182/cup set up or aftermarket. There aren't even any at Renault France.

I was dazed by this.......they only had enough parts manufactured to make the 525 + 1 or 2 spares :shock:

Reaction score
Interesting, i would have thought there would have been some spare or at the most on a made to order deal or something.

Reaction score
I thought the dampers were used on the clio cup cars aswell? not the 172 / 182's but the race series. If so then they'll be mass produced with loads of spares.

But I'm sure sachs have the capability of making a few more, they had to make 2200 for us and the swiss.

I read on the forum that a few Trophy's have sadly been wrecked so get the spare dampers while you can.

Reaction score
I think that by law manufacturers have to continue to support a vehicle for 7 years from the end of manufacture, and from a image/business perspective I can't believe Renault would hamstring their best car to date....

Reaction score
I doubt if they are the same as the Challenge cars - will not have access to the workshop manual until the weekend - but as these cars run a very low ride height and incredibly stiff psrings (circa 1000 lbs/inch) I can not see them being the same.

As chiefsilverback says there is an obligation for the manufacturers to support the car, but whether this means to the extent of supplying the identical dampers I do not know - an interesting question is if someone needs one damper, who will pay for the supply of a matched pair if they are not Sachs?

Reaction score
The comment about Renault being legally obliged to supply parts is correct, but as pointed out, the finer details of this I wouldn't know about.

We can only hope that they are just currently out of stock. Perhaps someone should try ordering one and see what response they get?

As for the wrecked Trophys, have any been written off and not replaced?

Reaction score
felix said:
just a thought, but how much are the dampers each/pair?
why dont you clock up a few more miles on your Clio to see the Guys at Lynn and find out for us... (if you wont ask I will) don't forget to wait for the rain to stop first... :lol: