Reaction score
Just got two new PE2s on 415 and I am little confused as to the best pressures to be running them at for normal road use. The handbook says 33 psi for the fronts and 30 for the rears, yet the mechanic at renKnow who fitted them yesterday suggested 30 psi for the fronts and 28 for the rears (I have had him put the new pair on the rear and the still legal rear ones on the front). He has had several 182s and currently runs a 197, so I am sure he knows what he is doing! Any suggestions would be warmly welcomed, based on experience of running Trophies on PE2s over several years

Reaction score
Just found the thread! Should have looked first – 32/33 on the front and 30 on the rears seems to be the most popular, so I will bow to Renault's knowledge on the subject

Reaction score
Why don't you experiment? You might find dropping the pressure all round gives better grip in these sticky conditions?

Reaction score
Personally renaults tyre pressures really didn't work for me, i settled on Front 29 and the rear 27, seems to work best as i think once the tyres have warmed up they go up to reno's spec anyway, where as if you put them on f33/r30 then when there warmed up there a bit to hard. What i found anyway.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
a lot of this depends on hard you drive, lower pressures will offer better grip but wear the tyre more - when hot a tyre's pressure increases so if you do a lot of b-road driving then a slight drop may work well.

But don't go too low as you'll damage the side walls. I'd say 26/27 is the lowest i'd recommend on the front end. But ideally stay around the 28-32 psi area. Whatever you go for on the front, knock 2 psi off for the rear (that's a sort of rule of thumb)

Reaction score
I think those running more negative camber on the front (many of the regulars on here) can get away with pressures a couple of psi lower than those running standard. I remember 7MAT's suggestions for tyre pressures didn't work at all for me when I had the standard setup at Abbeville.

Reaction score
I personally have always gone for the standard 33/30 setup.

Reaction score
Hi spitfire
How did it go down at Renknow? Ive only heard good things about them so far. It did sound a bit steep tho,
£15 per tyre for fitting???

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
In winter I go for 33/30
In summer I go for 30/28

Some days I go as low as 28/26 but it all depends on what the weather is like, where im going, driving style etc.

My last set of PE2's were set at 28/26 for most of summer and they lasted about 8 months :shock:
Lesson well learned !

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions chaps. Drove the car up to my cricket net at the Oval last night and it felt fine on the bumpy stuff between here and there on the pressures that I had settled on – 32 front and 30 rear. Tractor, the guys at renKnow were very helpful, and I was happy to pay £15 per tyre for fitting – got the car up on the hoist and had a good poke around underneath it too. The garage area is brand new (renKnow started trading in June 08), and the mechanics really seem to know their stuff. Shaun Parker, who is the co-owner, has had six 5GT turbos, several Clio 172/182s and is now onto his second 197. Would happily recommend them for future mechanical work. Tell them I sent you