Reaction score
I hope someone can shed some light on this situation, because I'm stumped and Renault are too!

I'm trying to replace both inner and outer CV boots on my Trophy, but I can't seem to find the correct part. Started off with non-genuine, they were wrong. So, decided to go genuine and ordered from Renault.

These are still incorrect, the outer is slightly too large and isn't very tight around the joint, similarly the clip is slightly too large and certainly wouldn't crimp enough to be tight.

Now the inner joint is a strange one, the sliding joint has 3 scallops where the bearings move up and down, these scallops continue to the end of the joint where the CV boot fits, so the current boot is moulded to match these scallops to create a seal. The new renault part is just a plain circular boot, but the rest of it looks correct. Renault can't understand the problem as we have matched both the Registration and VIN number. The shaft didn't look like it had ever been replaced and going by the fittings, it didn't look like it had ever been off the car before either. This isn't the first time I've had a parts discrepancy though, when I tried to order new front springs, the computer wanted to order standard Clio Cup springs, so I had to order a part number from off this forum!

Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You could try pm'ing poweranger, he is probably your best bet as he works for a Renault dealership.

Reaction score
Thanks Hoolio, I'll try PowerRanger.

Carbon Chaos, you're correct, it is the drivers side, but I'm going to be doing both sides. I have the boots already but haven't removed the L/H/S shaft yet to see if they will fit.

Reaction score
Hi do you have part numbers that was supplied to you?

I heard from Renault today, after some communication with the factory, they have said its unavailable, and that I should replace the driveshaft with a new unit and not an exchange unit. A new driveshaft is circa £220.

The parts I have are:

Outer Boot: 77 01 209 243
Inner Boot: 77 01 209 884

I think I'll be better finding a good used driveshaft that fits these parts!

Reaction score
Unfortantley that is correct you can't fit any exchange units from renault on the sports i.e driveshafts, starter motors, alternators e.t.c

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Thats strange as less than 3 months about i got two new exchange driveshafts from Renault.

They where around £125 each with mine in exchange.

Reaction score
Thats strange as less than 3 months about i got two new exchange driveshafts from Renault.

They where around £125 each with mine in exchange.

They're the same shaft as the 182 cup so should be fine like you say