Reaction score
Now now,99p, bit much! black wheels on a trophy....nice....ahem!
Laughable really is!

Reaction score
Black wheels look pap.

Says xenons too. I'm not sure on this one, but aren't HID's different to xenons as I'd imagine since they're after market they're HID's not xenons.

Reaction score
Hate the wheels! I really would have thought that black wheels would have looked really good on a Trophy! No wonder Renault did them in Graphite!!! ;o)

Reaction score
Oh dear. Love the grammar and composition in the advert.

Looks like the front bumper was changed pre or post accident as the plastic blanks are not there (or have been sprayed over). That might have something to do with the lights being non standard, whether Xenon or otherwise. To my eye the N/S rear wheel looks like its protruding from the wheel arch as well. Probably just the camera angle.

Either way, as far as my taste is concerned, it is nasty.

One of the mods should list it as Cat-D in the owners register. Perhaps copy up some pictures too if they can be copied off ebay.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Gordon said:
One of the mods should list it as Cat-D in the owners register. Perhaps copy up some pictures too if they can be copied off ebay.

I've added a post to the 060/500 thread in the T Register to say that it's a Cat C.

G

Jamie said:
Black wheels look pap.

Says xenons too. I'm not sure on this one, but aren't HID's different to xenons as I'd imagine since they're after market they're HID's not xenons.
HID and xenon is the same thing. The lights on said Clio are xenons (or HID, whatever you prefer to call them) from a Full Fat 172 / 182, which have then been smoked by the looks of things.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
no HID are a type of bulb/light - xenon is a gas. You can get normal bulbs with xenon gas in them to fit our OEM headlights.

HID's are a different animal and require washer jets, added weight (separate power outlets) and different bulb fitments.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I too thought the T would look pretty good with black wheels, I was wrong.

And the rest just makes it look really shite

G

Cue said:
no HID are a type of bulb/light - xenon is a gas. You can get normal bulbs with xenon gas in them to fit our OEM headlights.

HID's are a different animal and require washer jets, added weight (separate power outlets) and different bulb fitments.
You can get Halogen bulbs filled with xenon gas, yes, but that doesn't make them xenons. HIDs are the proper name for gas discharge arc lamps, but they're also known as 'xenons' (the type that requires the washers etc if fitted when new). Halogen bulbs filled partly with xenon gas are probably just a case of the manufacturers cashing in on the name I would've thought. One thing for sure is that they look nothing like 'genuine' xenon arc lamp.

Reaction score
David87 said:
Cue said:

You can get Halogen bulbs filled with xenon gas, yes, but that doesn't make them xenons. HIDs are the proper name for gas discharge arc lamps, but they're also known as 'xenons' (the type that requires the washers etc if fitted when new). Halogen bulbs filled partly with xenon gas are probably just a case of the manufacturers cashing in on the name I would've thought. One thing for sure is that they look nothing like 'genuine' xenon arc lamp.

Correct.

Back on topic... The ad says "minor off-side front damage" so i'm wondering why there are no Trophy decals on the sills?? All the "mods" to me point at the car be F**KED and put back together into a saleable condition as cheaply as possible.

Reaction score
It's good that someone has atleast tried to make some changes to a trophy. IMO some could work, others not so much, it's all how they're done and what sort of route you're interspersed in

The thing that spoils all trophys for me is the stance, it looks horrendous and it's a shame to add coilovers to replace the sachs