Reaction score
hi any advise for how much i should put my clio 182 up for?

its metallic blue
both cup packs
55,000 miles
full service done every 12000 miles, belts all done
mot apr
tax mar
very clean in and out- small wear on gear nob and steering wheel
cat back rs192 scorpion exhaust fitted 2 month ago with new mounts and rubbers
newish tyres at front and ok at rear

bad bit- some n**head has put a lil scratch in rear bumper when was parked but its only about an inch in size and small stone chip in rear light case

sad times but insurance is killing me- and more so the bank

cheers

Rick

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
As i have said on another forum a car is only worth what a buyer will pay for it.

If you stick it up for sale for £110000 and someone pays for it then fair play but if someone gives you a best offer of £3000 then thats how the cookie crumbels.

Reaction score
someone offers you £3000 then u tell um where to stick it !!!

Reaction score
MarcR said:
As i have said on another forum a car is only worth what a buyer will pay for it.

If you stick it up for sale for £110000 and someone pays for it then fair play but if someone gives you a best offer of £3000 then thats how the cookie crumbels.
Random useless response of the week!
#-o

is1

Reaction score
You're selling in an open market. You therefore need to look at what you are up against i.e. what are similar age/mileage cars on for sale for and whether you honestly feel yours is better/worse and price accordingly.
You could use Parkers used car price guide as a start (but be ready to be stunned!) as it is often cited by buyers, whether fairly or not.
You may also want to factor in how much you want to move it on. Reduce the price for a quick sale or if you're in no hurry, then start with a fair price and stick to it.
IMHO, run up to Christmas is not the best time to sell a car (unless people tell me otherwise).

Reaction score
cheers for the responses, i was thinking of selling around £4300 mark. I think thats fair, the timing of christmas aswell wont help but no mad rush to sell just yet. Is pistonheads the only decent free place to advertise?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
is1 said:
IMHO, run up to Christmas is not the best time to sell a car (unless people tell me otherwise).

I have just popped down a deposit on a 182 Trophy and im going to pick it on Thurs night :wink:

Reaction score
MarcR said:
is1 said:

I have just popped down a deposit on a 182 Trophy and im going to pick it on Thurs night :wink:

Nice one bud :D

I bought my 182 with both cup packs 3/4 months ago for £3200 with 60k,full history and had both belts done and its mint.

The prices do vary on these cars...............