Reaction score
I put new discs and pads on the front of my T today, and whilst doing the job I was just thinking whether it would be possible to fit a set of clio 197 brembo 4 pots on it rather than what the cars got. I know that the 197 and new 200 both use 4 pot brembo's and 17" wheels, but does anyone know if it's possible to get the brembo 4 pot calipers to fit on the 280mm discs with 16" speedlines? or will this not work due to caliper clearance and the hub spacing?

Just thought it would be a really great mod? any ideas guys?

Reaction score
trophy380 said:
I put new discs and pads on the front of my T today, and whilst doing the job I was just thinking whether it would be possible to fit a set of clio 197 brembo 4 pots on it rather than what the cars got. I know that the 197 and new 200 both use 4 pot brembo's and 17" wheels, but does anyone know if it's possible to get the brembo 4 pot calipers to fit on the 280mm discs with 16" speedlines? or will this not work due to caliper clearance and the hub spacing?

Just thought it would be a really great mod? any ideas guys?

Ben at Angelworks does brackets and can supply this kit I believe.

I run the Jamsport Wilwood 4 pot kit that runs 295mm discs and PFC 97 pads and that work with 16's and 15's too.

Let me know if you need anymore info?

:)

Reaction score
I asked this question on renaultsport to the 'experts' and they said there was no compatibility between the 2, but obviously if you can get a custom bracket then they would fit

Reaction score
If you get radial mount Brembo's its not too difficult to get brackets made up to fit them so offset is correct. Later model Leon Cupra R's have redial mount.

But lug mount Brembo's are much more difficult to mount as you need to space the caliper out to make a bracket fit. Think Brembo's fitted to Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo's, Peugeot 406 V6 Coupe's earlier Leon Cupra R's etc

I have no idea what the Clio 197/200 has, but any caliper has an opperating size, ie we had Wilwood lug mount 4 pot caliper's on our FTO which could do anything from 250-300mm discs & 25-30mm thick IIRC, used these with 284x26mm Mitsubishi EVO4 discs, though recently changed these for MItsubishi GTO 4pot lug mount calipers with custom mounts using 350Z 324x32mm vented discs. Main reason for changing was not performance as teh Wilwoods were excellent, but more durability as the Wilwoods come with no dust seals and IMO are more a low mileage/trackday car caliper, whereas teh OEM caliper although bigger and does offer much more feel and progression and more power is built and designed for a road car, albeit one weighing in at 1800+ kgs. The FTO doesn't weigh much more than a Clio Trophy at 1150kgs.

Of course one other thing to consider is wheel clearance, not only of diameter, but on off-set, I know that for example the Wilwood FTo set up needs 13mm spacers on OEM 16" wheels, but our 17" OEM Mitsubishi EVO 5 Enkei's cleared without issue, had bags of room.

I have also fitted Porsche 911(996)/Boxster S 4pot Monoblock Brembo's to my integrale with 310mm Alfa 166 V6 discs to replace the original Lancia Brembo 4pot's with 282mm discs that fitted inside the OEM 15" wheels. This set up was designed to fit inside the OEM 16" wheels as fitted to integrale EVO'2s, therefore I would conclude fitting 280mm discs inside Trophy 16" wheels should not be an issue.

Of course one other consideration I forgot to add is the increase in unsprung weight which most owners may never notice, but some may.

Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys, it's definitely something I will consider in the future! Seems like a great mod, maybe a little expensive but it would have some serious stopping power with them. It's a real pitty Renault didn't put them on a Trophy standard! I'm thinking of keeping my T for a long time so maybe one day I'll do something else with it like hill climbs etc! So it may have the full works at some point but we'll see! Spent 5 figures on my other car! So think i'll keep my T pretty standard for now!