Reaction score
Seems like a good idea but i still have bells in my ears and ive not had an exhaust for years!! Cant be bothered to ruin my hearing anymore

Reaction score
hi I'm organising this as my 04 182 which I've owned from new has another design flaw I've just discovered... the exhausts hold water. Here's a wee recipe:

Take 1 part salt residue, heat this to around exhaust temperature and add water the result: lots of rust. Basically 26k miles and mines got holes appearing fast, was visually fine like a week ago! not impressed.

So I need a new exhaust, I dont want a reno one as this will happen again. The blueflame are regarded as best value for money, yet they use T304 stainless steel, which a lot of manufacturers dont, its one of the highest grades of stainless steel. Not all stainless steel is rust proof, well it depends on what its exposed to... and T304 is best for exhaust applications.

Blueflame design their exhausts to sound a little meaner than standard, and to be as quiet as possible on motorways etc. when giving it some stick it sounds wild though. Nigel from blueflame said on the phone today we are certainly not looking to be confused with the nova and corsa brigade, which basically hits the nail on the head for me.

De-cats and sports cats are available at 30% off to, please let me know on cliosport if interested.

Reaction score
£250 sounds great for an exhaust fitted, but to be honest I'm not prepared to lose my Warranty and de-value the car just for a bit of aural entertainment, the OE exhaust is a bit on the quiet side, but it suits the spirit of the car, I feel. It's quiet as a mouse with nearly no boominess at motorway speeds but sounds really nice and metallic when above 5000 revs. I like it's stealthiness, living in Worthing (boy racer capital of West Sussex) you get so tired of hearing huge exhaust sounds followed a minute later by a piece of shite vauxhall coarser or a hideous CRX costa-del-sol.

Oh god, I've gone and rambled again, how much is a sports cat? :lol:

Reaction score
its not at all neddy and in no way de values the car, here's my reno exhaust at 26k miles:

DSC00342.gif

DSC00341-1.gif

DSC00340.gif

If you make a feature of something, try and make a lasting feature Renault... lol not good design at all.

also doesnt affect the warranty of anything, the exhaust warranty is void because its no longer on the car... but doesnt matter as these have a lifetime warranty of their own.

im not at all into modding cars but now the time has come to replace it I certainly wont be replacing it like for like. :)

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

172 / 182 Sports Cat is £206.50 usually £295
172 / 182 decat is £49 usually £70

the cats are different on 172 and 182 but priced the same for simplicity.

Reaction score
Steve - I was of a very similar mindset and have said for the last 6 months that I was going to keep 185 stock. Having piled on the miles since then, I have just developed a hankering for a bit more of a bark when pushing on. As I understand it, the blueflame (and the Janspeed) are both fairly quiet at normal rpm's and just give a bit more bark when pushed.

I've also had the worries about warranty and de valuing etc, but tbh, I can't see myself selling any time soon. My Fiance's fallen in love with it too, so am planning on holiding on to it and when funds allow (come on the lottery!) get a very impractical 2 seater (prob elise or caterham) for weekend fun.

Bit of a waffle, don't really know where I was going with it in the first place! Basically, slightly envious of the fact that you are managing to resist the inner boy racer in all of us better than I am!

Reaction score
Bump to the top

order will be placed a week on Monday so please register any interest this week as once its gone its gone, I urgently need a new zorst.

Cheers

Reaction score
i now have enough orders for the group buy to go ahead, if anyone is interested then please get in touch before friday 5pm. as if i haevnt heard from you by then the order will be placed without you.

cheers, Rory

Reaction score
update for those of u who did order an exhaust:

182 de-cats being manufactured tomorrow,
182 cat back systems being manufactured on Tuesday of next week (25th July)

getting a bit sick of waiting tbh

when a company over promises and under delivers its hardly good for business. Will be worth the wait though as the products are good quality.