Reaction score
Anyone out there fitted a bike rack to the back of the Trophy, have heard the spoiler can cause a few problems.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, need to fit 2 mountain bikes on the car. Roof rack is another option.
Good lady suggesting a new car! HELP

:roll:

Reaction score
Hi i struggled in this area too, the problem being the standard strap racks (holywood, halfords etc) with clips cant fit to the top of the boot as the spoiler is there. most other cars you can fit the straps under the spoiler.

You can actually get two bike in the back by removing both front wheels and sandals. Pain though.

We now just take out my other halfs mini. Which although is embarrassing to drive it saves putting miles on the T.

is1

Reaction score
Surely roof bars and a bike rack are the way to go.
I always wonder whether the rear-mounted ones would damage the car in some way.

Reaction score
Hi there!

I take 1 or 2 mountain bikes in the Trophy quite often and have a mix of putting them in the back or on the roof. It may sound a bit low rent, but a Tesco Value double duvet is just the job for keeping the Trophy free of scratches and most of the dirt (a proper bike bag would be even better, but more money), and you can get 2 bikes and 2 peoples kit inside with no affect on fuel economy. Having said that, roof bars are very hady, but need to be careful with the roof bar pads on the roof, so that they don't mark the paint. Because of the spolier, you also need to mount the bike troughs slightly further forward on the bars than some other cars. Haven't seen a bike rack that I'd want to fit on the back - not only is the spoiler an issue, but lots of the racks have straps which attach underneath the car, and run up over the back bumper - as the bumper isn't particuarly stiff on the Trophy I'd be a bit nervous about that.

Anyway, thought I'd share my experience.

Hope you enjoy some great days biking with the trophy!

Ed

Reaction score
BenG recently mentioned a bike rake that uses powerful suckers. Maybe do a forum search or pm BenG?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I bought a rear mounted bike rack for the Trophy once and it was completely useless, in every way.
1, It marked the paint.
2, It rested on the rear bumper which is not the cleverest of ideas. ^ as above.
3, It was from Halfrauds.
4, The spoiler gets in the way.
5, You can't obviously open the boot.

I used to just fold down the seats, put a blanket or duvet down, remove both bike wheels and throw it in, gently :wink: . Now I don't have the rear seats fitted there is loads of room and the bike fits in easily.

I fit roof bars for the canoe and I bought 2 bike racks to fit but they are just as useless. They are made for girly bikes.
1, They are not compatible for my 2.5" tyres.
2, My frame is too thick for the frame mount.
3, It takes about half an hour to set up the roofbars and bike rack, in which time I could have arrived at my destination.

In all seriousness though, if you want to transport 2 normal bikes then roof bars would be perfect and wont damage your paint work if you use them correctly. It is however, probably the most expensive option.

I saw these...

http://www.seasucker.tv/

Cool 8)

The problem is they have to be shipped from America and the delivery charge is almost the same price as the product. $219 ! I'm waiting and hoping they start selling them in the UK.

Bike still goes in the back, the cheapest option and hassle free. :D

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I have managed to get 2 bikes in but the problem is that I have to take both rear wheels off which is a pain once we get where we need to be. Will keep experimenting and see what can be done. The parcel shelf comes in handy at separating the two frames from scratching.
:D