Reaction score
Guys

Been looking into upgrading my brakes, (even more so now because both front and rears are really worn), still mulling over whether i want a semi track set up and go down the Pagid blue/brembo HC set up, however I may want to just plump for a fast road use set up instead. I stumbled upon BB Performance Tuning (they are alot closer to where i live than Yozza) who are offering a fast road use package with BBPT front and rear vented discs with pagid (not the blue ones) pads for £330 inc VAT. Fittings an extra £50. Does anyone have any experience with BBPT and secondly does anyone have these brakes fitted? If not what do you gulys think - cost doesn't seem to bad.

heres link

http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/pr ... p?id=74951

Your thoughts as always would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Didnt go for BB Tuning brakes.................decided to go for the brembo max discs and pagid set up Yozza sell. Hopefull going up there to have the arrangement fitted next week. Can any of you guys tell me whether the set up works better than the standard arrangement during normal road use?

Reaction score
Thanks for putting my mind at rest....do you have pagids fitted hoolio?

looking foraward to bedding them in on the long drive home after getting them fitted. Should have arranged the track session at the FCS 08 to properly test them.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah, had the Rs4-2's and brembo max fitted and got alignment and camber done at the same time. Plus a couple of other bits.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
You can run the pads on the standard discs as it does seem a waste if you've still got a lot of metal left, i know George has upgraded pads with reno discs and is quite happy, in fact i know they work well.

Reaction score
thanks for the link hoolio

Got the Yozza pagid and HC Max disc package fitted yesterday........... excellent feel and stopping power over the standard items. IMO i was never a fan of the standard set up and i feel that this set up or similar should have been standard on the trophy to give it the braking power it deserved.

initial impression is that i feel the car can make lighter work of fast road use............hopefully test them on track soon. next step is AW ECU and inlet manifold upgrade :D

Reaction score
i have a further update on the brakes although still very impressed they squeel so loudly at low speeds. Of more consern is that there seems to be an amount of contact between the pads and discs on the drivers side (I can here a degree of contact at low speeds when not braking) subsequently i have just compared the driver and the passenger discs and the drivers side disc is heavly marked/scratched whereas the passenger disc is relatively smooth. Do you recon this is the cause of the squeeling? although i know these pads can be prone to it?

gut feeling i dont think the arrangement was set up correctly on the drivers side and i think the driver side brake arrangement needs adjusting to prevent the marking, whether or not it will help prevent the squeeling i am unsure. the problem is that i live miles (hours) away from Yozzasport to get them checked over again. I am unsure of what to do, get them looked at locally and then give yozza a call? Thing is i dont want to ruin my new brakes?

comment welcome guys

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sounds like you'cve not bedded them in correctly.. they normally need around 300 ish miles careful bedding in.

Reaction score
unfortunately i wasn't given any specific bedding in instructions............cue what do you mean by careful bedding in?

the other thing is that with a couple of minutes of normal driving i have checked the heat of the brakes. The drivers side is so hot its like putting your hand near a fire. The passenger side radiates hardly any heat. From chatting to Yozza and Mark Fish this could represent an issue ie calipers or binding problems.

Ive got the car booked into Mark Fishes this thursday for further analysis....

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the difference in temp does sound like an issue, that shouldn't happen side to side - front to rear is normal though.

by careful bedding in a i mean light braking and not for prolonged periods, treat the brake pedal like you've got an egg under it.

Reaction score
I had an issue with my pads rubbing on my discs after coming off the brake pedal. I fitted Brembo HC discs and Ferrodo DS2500 pads myself and didn't file the pads down sufficiently which meant that they were wedged into the pad carrier and when I applied the brakes, they were clamped around the disc but did not subsequently retract. Thankfully I noticed this straight away and took them apart, filed them, and put plenty of copper grease on the carriers too. I haven't heard anyone say that the pagids are a tight fit, but Perhaps this is the same problem that you're having?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
^ that's a good point, when mine were fitted lots of copper grease was applied to each end and the shim thing's totally binned. I can generally hear some contact when i first get in the car when i've not used it for a little while but that goes, also they started to squeal very slightly at low speeds this weekend.

Reaction score
I left the shims in - wasn't sure if it was possible/sensible/neccessary to remove them. Mine squeal like pigs at 'around town speeds' which is rather getting on my nerves, but the sacrifice is worth it for the improved braking performance..