Reaction score
Thanks for the views guys. I know what you mean the squealing its getting on my nerves too! the cars booked into Mark Fish Motorsport on monday for full diagnosis. I will keep you all posted on developments

Reaction score
Could it be that the pads are binding in the caliper - i had to file down the backplates to make sure that they could move freely (but not sloppily). Most competition pads squeals as they do not have any anti squeal backing or shims.

Reaction score
Visited Mark Fish today. Problem solved......after a thorough examination it was determined to be a binding related problem whereby the pad was ill fitting the caliper (nothing yozzasport did). It turned out that the caliper when casted was everso slightly misformed causing it to rub with the pad. As the standard pad was smaller than the pagid it was never an issue with the standard set up. After a bit of planing out the inside problem area of the caliper all is now in proper working order.....the caliper only needed a few mm worth of shaving. Brakes are even stronger than before and the squeeling has all but gone and i now have consistant even heat coming from both front brakes. :D

On another note Mark is as sound as a pound we had a good chat whilst he was working and i would recommend him to anybody. He had his dunlop racing series meggy in there (the one which EVO was racing against in their 350Z) and its doing pretty well in the series at present.

Naturally i asked him about some additional choice modifications..........the suspension upgrade sounds most appealing. WRT the engine he recommended a maxogen, starchip/henk ECU upgrade and works to the existing CAT exaust area (no not a replacement or decat) would be ideal arrangement (on top of my CAT back system). Anything more you would have t spend a shed load of money to extract any further power (ie TB's). I dont think im going to go anywhere else with my trophy now.

Reaction score
I left the shims in - wasn't sure if it was possible/sensible/neccessary to remove them. Mine squeal like pigs at 'around town speeds' which is rather getting on my nerves, but the sacrifice is worth it for the improved braking performance..

You're supposed to remove the shims with DS2500 & Pagid etc. Then fit them with lots of copper grease. I did this and have minimal screeching. Running in wise, make sure they all work ok, then go for a drive (preferably down a long deserted mway), brake at 50%-80% from 50-30, 60-30, 70-30, 80-30 etc repeatedly, they will get warmer and warmer until they start to fade and go through 'greening process' where the brakes will feel useless. Let them cool down by driving down an mway, then hit the brakes again a few times. After this they will be bedded in and immense :D