Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I'm heading up there this weekend for a long weekend with the GF. Anyone know of any decent roads around there that I may accidentaly have to take a de-tour too... :wink:

Reaction score
B4393 which takes you to Lake Vyrnwy

+

Road to Denbigh (which is where I used to live)

+

B4391

Reaction score
The second half of the A4212 (after Llyn Celyn) from Bala to Trawsfynydd is a belter; quite open and fast. You could do a favourite circuit of mine and then take the A470 south to Dolgellau and then the A494 (the first few miles of this from Dogellau to Bala are great fun if you have a sports exhaust :wink: ) back to Bala. Not the shortest of routes but great fun!

Reaction score
Looks good, some amazing roads in north wales. Lanberis pass has some stunning views, always seems to be a lot of traffic going up and down it though. Oh and watch for police on the A5 (not that you will be speeding of course)

Reaction score
The roads around there are stunning and I dont think your Mrs would mind as the views are also stunning.. well if you are not driving so fast you cant see them lol

IMG_0220.jpg

Lake Vyrnwy is lovely and there are lots of lovely waterfalls around there especially this time of year

Reaction score
That's a great shot! One of yours?

Makes me want to go to Wales now! (well, not now, as it's dark, but you know what I mean!)

Reaction score
littleandy0410 said:
That's a great shot! One of yours?

Makes me want to go to Wales now! (well, not now, as it's dark, but you know what I mean!)

No I was driving the road at the time :lol: its SharkyUK's aka Andy he is the handy on with the camera.

I've taken both the Trophy and the CTR up there for a drive some of the roads are a little tight in places but the views are stunning. There are also some lovely quiet good driving roads around there too. Dont ask me names I wouldnt have a clue stick me behind the wheel and I'll find them no problem :wink:

We often do a 3 day Wales Tour there are lots of photos on the site somewhere.

Reaction score
My favourite is the B4391 in both directions from Bala, either heading towards Blaenau Ffestiniog, or in the other directions towards some Welsh named place. If you go towards Blaenau then you can go over a B road towards Ysbyty Ifan. If you go the other way drop down towards Llyn Efyrnwy and then go over the furthermost north unclassified road back towards Bala (which is the one I think the above picture may have been taken on). Sorry I haven't got road numbers, I just know them well enough to go and drive.