Reaction score
Hi guy's, just found this thread. Yes as well as going in 3 weeks time its highly likely we'll be heading out again early next year at easter, or maybe before.

First Trophy under 9 minutes? Lend me your car :D

Reaction score
Nik Olis

Regarding the Nurenbergring :) could you pass me some details on
either here or PM me as next June i am arranging to go with some mates
Have ferry booking etc just after some hotels in the area. found a few but could you recommend one that you stayed in??? also did you travel from Harwich to Hook of Holland??
THere wil be a maximum of 20 of us and a good line up of cars including
Evo 6 GSR
Sti 8 PPP
Trophy
172 or Evo 4 (depending on clio sale)
Supra Twin turbo auto
Hybrid Vuulver or williams (depending on how i feel lol)
Golf Mk1 GTi
Shelsey / 205 GTI (Cams)
C2 GT

So should be fun i here that you recommend using the track on week day evenings as it is very busy on the weekends how busy are we talking ??? stupid packed??

Any other information would be gratefully recieved
Regards

David

Reaction score
David, to give you an idea - two Sundays ago, no room in car park, queues to get into car park, I managed 7 laps in the whole day because of queues and closures.
The next day Monday, just an afternoon session (1pm to 7.30pm I think) and I managed 15 laps, little traffic, few closures, plenty of car parking space.

Reaction score
As for hotels, I found Hotel am Tiergarten fine, about 45 euros a night B&B, and it has a good restaurant on site, the Pistenklause.

Best route is probably to Calais, as much quicker than Hook of Holland.

Really though, you need to check out Ben Lovejoy's site, www.nurburgring.org.uk , if you haven't already.

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the info looking in to the bookings for Calais

Cheers agian

regards David

Reaction score
ChrisB

Thank you very much for Ben lovejoy's website got absolutly everything i need to know, brillant site, covers all areas :)

Just cant wait to get there!!

Cheers again David

Reaction score
Yeah, Ben Lovejoy's website is awesome. So hopeful if you are planning a trip out.
We went on the hoverferry from Dover to Bolougne (it only takes an hour to cross the channel and is not too bad at £50), and then hacked up the motorways to Calais and then onto Belgium and eventually Germany, it is not too bad a journey, and you are fuelled with excitement/anticipation so it seems to be over in no time! Good fun too if there is a convoy of cars missioning across :D
We stayed at www.pension-muehlenhardt.de which was perfect for what we were after, just don't expect 5 star accomadation! It is cheap and simple, you get a good continental brekkie and it is right in the middle of the track which is very convienient.
Hope the planning goes well :D

Reaction score
Why not one of your Williams'? Scared about being slayed by Trophy's? :wink: Reckon a Willy would be awesome round the 'Ring, missus does not trust hers to make it there, do a few laps and make it home!

Reaction score
MRpoo was that stromba lolol

olis

We are looking to go out few a few drinks at the end of each day how far away was a town / village with a few bars etc as we are looking to have a pretty entertaining night life too.

Looks like a well positioned hotel for the ring :)

Reaction score
Adenau, which I think is the main town near the 'Ring is literally a two minute taxi away from the guesthouse, too far to walk though, especially if you have had a couple! :D Not sure that you could say that there is an entertaining nightlife there though!

Great location, when you look out of your window all you see if beautiful scenery, open the window and all you can hear is the sound of engines being thrashed! Quite sureal really...

Reaction score
cheers Olis thanks very much you have been a great help

Cant wait TBH going to be amazing!!

Reaction score
You won't be disappointed - I went first last month and now I'm forever thinking about when I can get there again.
After the first lap you think "Bloody hell, I survived". And then look at the watch and see it took about 14 minutes ! Lots to learn....

Day

Reaction score
David said:
MRpoo was that stromba lolol
There was a MRPoo as you put it there when I last went over... It was pretty darn quick from memory ;)