Reaction score
So this is my latest baby... a Liquid Yellow 182 with a mere 27k on the clock when I picked it up. I love the colour so couldn't resist another one and decided as my use of car is less for commuting and more for fun to make it the perfect spec (in my eyes)...

Started with a visit to Charlie @ Prospeed for an exhaust, followed by the seats from Trophy Number 68 and then the Turini's from Trophy number 299. Yesterday saw the addition of coilovers (interim ones until I can find a decent set) and a 197 steering wheel.

A few pictures of how it's looking now :

DSCF4836X.jpg
DSCF4850X.jpg
DSCF4838X.jpg
DSCF4858X.jpg
DSCF4861X.jpg

DSCF4862X.jpg
DSCF4867X.jpg
DSCF4875X.jpg
DSCF4880X.jpg

DSCF4844X.jpg
DSCF4843X.jpg
DSCF4841X.jpg

Reaction score
Lovely car. One pic further highlights us RHD owners getting short changed on our cars. The interior light is back to front with the map Reading light on driver side when of course it should be on passenger side.

I managed to fit the 182 interior light onto a Trophy (poverty spec) holder but modified it to be the right way round.

Sorry for spamming your thread, it is a lovely car :)

Reaction score
Looks fabulous G. I always admired your last LY; the black wheels really worked. This one is slightly more subtle but gorgeous with it. Always said I wished my other half would buy one, but sadly the mini cooper was her dream; not that it's a bad car!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thats stunning 8)

Quite possibly one of the nicest 182's I've seen in a long time, excellent choice of mods.

Ben

Reaction score
Looks fantastic. You just need the decals now. :wink: Is the 197 wheel slightly smaller than the original?

Reaction score
I love the colour mate! Looks outstanding! very nice with the Speedlines. How much of a job was it to fit the 197 steering wheel? Do you still have the airbag and cruise control switches still working?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
LOVE it.

Was the 197 wheel easy to fit? Was it direct replacement or needed some tweeking?

Reaction score
thanks everyone... had a vision in my head of how I wanted it to be and have set about doing it... have had enough of these cars over the years to know what works I think and i have to say I absolutely love it - even before starting to change things it was surprising just how much rawness and driving feel and feedback has been removed from some of the modern hot hatches on sale - it's half the price of the Mini and feels twice as fun - no word of a lie!

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Looks fabulous G. I always admired your last LY; the black wheels really worked. This one is slightly more subtle but gorgeous with it.

a main reason for the slightly different look/subtleness was to try distinguish it from the old one... i'd have loved to do another yellow and black theme but have plans for another set of wheels that look great in anthracite and would look shit in black!

trophy380 said:
How much of a job was it to fit the 197 steering wheel? Do you still have the airbag and cruise control switches still working?

the wheel was a relatively easy fit... horn buttons plug straight in; cruise control ones needed a slight snip and a re-solder and the airbag clip had a tiny mod to get it to fit too.

no warning lights on the dash, cruise/speed limiter all functions correctly. although the warning lights arent on and the Renault clip shows no issues, no-one has crashed a 182 with 197 wheel fitted to check that the airbag goes off

Trophy264 said:
yellow speed line stickers....... its all in the details mate good job.

well noticed! a few other little detaily bits like that to do before it's finished off for me

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
I love LY. Like the mods you've done too! I may have to purchase a 197 steering wheel when mine gives up, looks nice.