Reaction score
Hay Guys, this may sound like a really stupid question but how do i get them to work?? ive tried head lights on whilst washing the screen, wipers on with head lights whilst washing the screen etc but i cant manage to get them work??
am i doing something wrong??

cheers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm guessing that you've not realised that Trophy's do not have headlight washers but besides that I always thought they washed with the windscreen.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
if you have them fitted them they should operate with the lights on - then wash the windscreen, the jet to the lights should then activate (that's if they've legally been fitted).

failing that im not sure but does the FF182 have a seperate washer bottle for the lights? maybe that's empty...

Reaction score
hoolio said:
I'm guessing that you've not realised that Trophy's do not have headlight washers but besides that I always thought they washed with the windscreen.
Yeah, mines just a straight 182, ive tried everything but still they dont work....i cant see a seperate washer bottle, is it purly a weight saving thing on the trophy then, that they dont have refinements?? im still learning about these

cheers.

Reaction score
eljeffo64 said:
What do you mean no refinements, mine has an electric starter and a heater! :)
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
So yeah, im having this same problem too.....

My car had the wee washer nozzles missing when i bought the car so I bought a new set. Havent fitted them yet though.

But yesterday, i asked wifey to squirt the washers for a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time with the headlights on and there wasnt anything, no water at all cam from the washers. Now i know ther eare no jets in them but i expected to see some water.

Any ideas?

Do the washers use a seperate pump/fuse at all?

Jj

Reaction score
After having the known problem with the light washer jets leaking and emptying the entire washer bottle :evil: , I had a look into how the system works. The light washers should activate when the lights are on and you hold the windscreen washer lever back for more than a second. There is only one washer tank, that has two pumps attached to it. One for the front & back windsreens and one for the lights. In the end, after hours of messing about trying to fix the leaking problem I decided to just block the pipes up that run to the jets. They don't do a hell of a lot anyway.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
I tell you this though Matt....the MOT boys in Lisburn will fail you for headlight washers not working......

They scrutinously tested the BMW ones and made sure they both worked.

So I do need to get them sorted.

So right.....they dont squirt......so the likely cause will be the pump? Yeah?

Jj

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jinjur said:
So right.....they dont squirt......so the likely cause will be the pump? Yeah?

Jj

Try swopping the tubes off of the pumps first, should just pull off?

Reaction score
It is the pump mate......tested the output at the pump and its comes on for a second when the jets are held.....but no action from teh pump.

Looks like a right wanker to change too.....wiper mech off/ bottle out etc.

Anyway....at least I know.

Jj