Reaction score
Been looking around for a cheap decent condition 172/182 Cup lately and this seems the best I can find so far - http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1405221.htm

Just wondering what you guys think of the price/spec etc as i've never owned a clio before myself.
It has had the belts changed recently and has a few 'sensible' mods so that drew me to it initially!

Thanks, Alex

Reaction score
I'd buy it. And get a rear anti roll bar, neg camber bolts on the front if it doesn't already have them, maybe an itg panel filter and a remap, get the suspension setup professionally and that will be an awesome car. Sensible mileage and good history and I think very well priced.

Reaction score
nickboazracing said:
I'd buy it. And get a rear anti roll bar, neg camber bolts on the front if it doesn't already have them, maybe an itg panel filter and a remap, get the suspension setup professionally and that will be an awesome car. Sensible mileage and good history and I think very well priced.

Thanks for the reply, thought it looks quite good myself, actually surprised it hasn't sold yet. :?

Does the itg panel filter/remap actually make much difference?

Reaction score
alexoc said:
Does the itg panel filter/remap actually make much difference?

Marginal gains. I'd spend any spare cash on uprating brakes and the suspension set-up.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Looks nice! I've always wondered where my old Cup lives nowadays, that was a nice car! Stupidly quick for the few mods I did (ITG Panel and a KTEC Stealth system).

Reaction score
i do like the 172 cups a lot, so i think you should get it :D

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
alexoc said:
Sam_K said:
i do like the 172 cups a lot, so i think you should get it :D

Certainly tempted, looks plenty quick in this video too - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BE4edzLua8

Not sure about the lack of abs though :?

Just learn early on to treat it with respect otherwise it'll bite you in the backside.
And never forget you don't have abs. I have a very near miss when I had my cup, luckily there was nothing coming in the on coming lane so I dived into that to avoid the stationary car stopped around a blind bend.. After that I always had emergency stop plans going through my mind.

Reaction score
Buy the Cup. Just drive sensibly, ie leave big gaps infront of you and don't speed where it's busy, that way at least you can be sure that if you do have a shunt it will be someone elses fault. And learn to cadence brake, rather than just stamping on the pedal. I think ABS can be bad for driving skills as you can normally stop faster without it by modulating the brake pressure on the point of lock up. People rely on ABS too much as a safety net which leads to complacency which leads to people driving too close to each other and too fast and then they wonder why they have a 10 car pile up on the motorway...

So anyway, don't be a girl, buy the Cup!