Reaction score
Recently bought myself number 150 after many months of looking. I've only ever owned Clios in my life and I'm still not fed up of them yet. especially as the trophy is possibly the best hot hatch ever made.

This one had 1 previous owner - a member of Mcbusted... but never mind that because my car is the one that's Mcbusted.

Firstly under very hard acceleration I can hear a whining whistling noise when the revs get up to 4000rpm until red line - this happens in every gear and in neutral. I read that this could possibly be the gasket between the manifold and the CAT... can anyone confirm this?

which sort of brings me to the next issue. The exhaust has recently started blowing (inevitably) but haven't managed to get underneath to look at it yet. I'm thinking of getting a scorpion RS192 CAT back system because I don't want it to be much louder than standard. Is this a good option to go for, or does anyone have any other recommendations?

The last thing is that the windscreen wiper motor is so loud! It makes a screeching and clunking noise and I doubt i'll be able to cope with it for long. I've test driven a trophy before and that had the same problem. will WD40 solve this, or is it best buying a second hand motor?
Oh and the windscreen washer pump seems to have given up the ghost (just like on my previous 2 Clios)

Anyway enough of the bad points. The car is brilliant and absolutely love it, especially those seats !

Thanks for reading - would be good to hear some feedback and get some advice.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi

re: exhaust, this question was raised a few weeks back so have a look at recent posts for feedback.

Reaction score
This exhaust is brilliant. Running in the quieter street version (there are 2 options)
and it really is perfect!

Go, buy, be happy! Will perfectly fit your needs.

Reaction score
I have got a brand new RS192 exhaust - the version RsMax refers to above. If you are interested do PM me to discuss.

Last edited:
Reaction score
thought i'd update this and say that i've addressed the small issues.

The whistling was from the orignial exhaust which was ont he way out, it has now been replaced with a scorpion RS192, and the wiper motor and pump has been replaced.