Reaction score
Number 104 signing in, greetings and salutations.

Have been lurking for a while, but thought I ought to register. Had #104 since June, so about 8,900 miles under the wheels now.

Had intended to keep my full fat 182 (with cup suspension) for a long time but then my fiance told me Trophys were available within the Renault Friends and family staff discount scheme, "only" a 20% discount, as compared to the 30% I got off my full fat 182; so only paid £12,440 for the Trophy. You can't look a gift horse like that in the mouth and say no, even if the 182 is a great car, I concluded...

Exploits thus far have included:
1) Day 3 of ownership, lift off oversteer at 80mph! M25 Jct 16 going on to M40, 270 degree left. Had done 82 in Mini Cooper previously, so thought well lets see what she can do.... Got to 80 and thought to myself "naughty, car too nice for this so soon". Lifted off "reasonably" slowly. Car oversteered, rotating around quite central point of car (as opposed to back sliding and front tracking) very nice! Little dab of opposite lock and on I went. Transition back to going straight was very smooth. Conclusion light weight of car very evident in car behaviour at that point; but what a peice of kit!

2) Nordschleife 20 laps. My tenth trip in various cars, but had only owned my Trophy for 3 weeks... What can I say, glorious/amazing place; but not without a risk profile which needs to carefully considered. Oh and Porsches don't like being passed by cheap French cars do they ;-)

3) Getting a tracker fitted! Don't normally bother with such kit, but I am rather keen on the old girl. Combined with the two other facts i) I can't easily get another one ii) Nickability

Off for some driver training at the beginning of December at http://www.carlimits.com/ I reckon I have some work to do, to be as good a driver, as my car is a car!

Anyway enough of my rambling; got carried away...

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Welcome to the form, certainly sounds like you've been making the most of Trophy ownership anyway :D

Carlimits sounds good, might have to take a look at doing a day there as an alternative to one of the trackdays next year.

Trophy Owner star on it's way to you too.

Reaction score
Nik said:
Welcome to the form, certainly sounds like you've been making the most of Trophy ownership anyway :D

Carlimits sounds good, might have to take a look at doing a day there as an alternative to one of the trackdays next year.

Trophy Owner star on it's way to you too.
I will post a quick report afterwards if it would be any interest to you.
It is my understanding that Andy Walsh the instructor at car limits is well thought of, will report in due course.
I am also looking forward to a go in my cousins porky blower (911 (996) turbo), something I was very carefull in on the road, but I'll be on an airfield next time... :twisted: In fact will be quite a "family" affair, my Father is having the bump steer removed from his subaru sti (and rear anti roll bar change) and also coming along. I hope I am still doing mods like that when I am 63!

Reaction score
Which date are you booked up for? Am well tempted to book too and make it a 2 Trophy day!

Maximum of 4 people a day so all booked up unfortunately; I forgot to mention my mate in his Caterham 7. It would have been good to follow a fellow Trophy owner round for a lap or two :(

Reaction score
Glad you are enjoying yours and thanks again for encouraging me to become a fellow owner!
2000 miles now so keen to try it on track quite soon. Also interested to hear how you get on with Carlimits – I have heard many good things about Andy Walsh.
JD

Reaction score
JD68 said:
Glad you are enjoying yours and thanks again for encouraging me to become a fellow owner!
2000 miles now so keen to try it on track quite soon. Also interested to hear how you get on with Carlimits – I have heard many good things about Andy Walsh.
JD

JD you didn't seem to need that much persuasion as I recall! Will report back on carlimits in due course rest assured :)