Reaction score
Hi All,

Well today I decided to check the rear disc pads, which I did, but ended up cleaning the inside wheels, arches and shocks. (sad muppet) :)
Decided to do the fronts and noticed the adjustable shocks still had the locking pins in !!!!

Well they don't now, couldn't help myself from getting my 2mm allen key and playing. I was lucky enough both sides undone easily. So no 049 has fully adjustable front shocks yipeee. Now did I click 28 or 30 ??? knew I should of left well alone .. :lol:

Have to say what a great website, full of great info etc etc... =D>

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi mate
No harm in giving the wheel arches a good clean ! Excellent decision unpinning the front dampers. I tend to leave mine on the standard 22 clicks for day to day driving, then in summer I sometimes set them on 30 clicks which makes a nice improvement.

I know what you mean about losing count on the clicks, I normally have to dial them back down and start over a couple of times before im satisfied :) You were lucky that both grum screws came out with no problems ! One of mine was drilled out and re-tapped, but they have had new dials on since then so everything is spot on.

Try some different settings, its suprising how much of a difference a few clicks can make.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
22-23 clicks will get you centered from either too or bottom, obviously. Clockwise clicks add damping.

Reaction score
Cheers guys,

Will have a play, currently set them at 30, which seems pretty good.
Am off to Cadwell park on the 27th March, so can wind them right up. Are they any others going from here ?

I've got about 5mm left on the rear pads, I'm thinking I should get some new pads for the track day, any thoughts ?

Chris

Reaction score
Still have the pins in mine, figure I'd drive myself nuts changing them all the time :roll:
As a side note, I'll be at Cadwell on the 27th and the rear pads have so little to due with the Clio's braking umph, that they should be fine.

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
Still have the pins in mine, figure I'd drive myself nuts changing them all the time :roll:
As a side note, I'll be at Cadwell on the 27th and the rear pads have so little to due with the Clio's braking umph, that they should be fine.

Ha ha, that is going to be the problem, knew I should of left well alone #-o

This will be my first time and I'm quite looking forward to it. Going up Thursday lunchtime and staying overnight (4 1/2hr drive from the IOW). There should be about 10 cars from the island including a super charged Ariel Atom !!.

Regarding the front pads are you running standard ones ?

Chris

Reaction score
I've gone with the boring ClioTrophy.co.uk default :oops: Ferodo DS2500's. Haven't done a trackday since putting them on last year, so don't know how much better they are over standard when really giving it a go.

You folks only leave the island in groups for protection from the people from the big island? :lol:

Reaction score
Had my trophy for couple of months now

Can some one explain abit about the front shocks (unpinning etc)

Thanks

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
I've gone with the boring ClioTrophy.co.uk default :oops: Ferodo DS2500's. Haven't done a trackday since putting them on last year, so don't know how much better they are over standard when really giving it a go.

You folks only leave the island in groups for protection from the people from the big island? :lol:

You sheep you :D

A friend of mine reckons there pretty good pads.

Its scary over there

Reaction score
BenG said:
...I tend to leave mine on the standard 22 clicks for day to day driving, then in summer I sometimes set them on 30 clicks which makes a nice improvement...

Hi, you have to turn to the right (clock sens) or in the inverse direction to pass from the 22 click to 30, improving performance?

I am interested in unpinning the front dampers.
I would like to change the spring to, with H&R/Elia ones, are this springs good for the trophy dumpers or they are good only with standard clio sport 182 dumpers?

Bye
Luca

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The one's on the trophy are custom made by Sachs - bespoke for the suspension so I'm not sure about any performance improvements with other springs - that'd need a detailed look at the whole suspension set-up.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi, you have to turn to the right (clock sens) or in the inverse direction to pass from the 22 click to 30, improving performance?

Hi, Yes im sure you turn the dial 'Clockwise' for a firmer setting. The higher the number, the firmer the setting. Setting the dampers to a firmer setting does increase the handling performance, its best to try different settings to suit your driving style, type of roads etc...

I would stick with the standard 'Eibach' springs, they work very well with the Sach's dampers.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
22-23 clicks will get you centered from either too or bottom, obviously. Clockwise clicks add damping.

:? clearly nobody reads my posts anymore. :lol: