£9.95 to connect your iPod to the Trophy's stereo!

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Car-Audio ... dZViewItem

This is the one I have, you can poke it through to the back of the glove box quite easily and have all your tunes in the car. Won't allow skipping with the stalk obviously because it's just an Auxillery connection but this was a plus point for me, trying to find the right song when you've got 25GB of songs on your iPod using anything but the iPod is impossible, much bette to have it stashed in the clock cubby hole and skip on there, it then takes a second to throw the lead back in the glove box when you leave the car.

Don't waste money on the stereo removing tools either, cut two 4 inch sections from a wire coat hanger and bend into horse-shoe shapes so the ends line up with the holes, poke them in and pull out the stereo. The whole job will take no more than 10 minutes.

Reaction score
What, the £4.99 bits of wire I bought in Halfords one afternoon so I could remove an iPod adaptor for a customer! :lol: If I had a car long enough I'd get an iPod to plug into it...

Reaction score
This lead is really long though, goes through the back of the glove box and out the front and still leaves about a metre to play with.

Reaction score
Okay Steve, I've just bought one on E-Bay........Fingers cross I don't bugger it up :evil:

Now where's that coat hanger?.................................... :wink:

Reaction score
ive got a similar type lead for my alpine head unit - although the head unit has Ipod capabilities as said above its crap - trying to find a track was impossible so just changed to an aux in plug - goes in to the cd changer jack on the head unit and into the head phone jack on the ipod - wrks a treat and if you have an ipod video it means your video sound will come through your car steeo as well - another thing which is not possible using the alpine ipod controller.

Reaction score
I was hoping someone would find the link useful, I just like the way you can still use the iPod controls, means the other passengers can control the music too (um - maybe not a plus point) and it's cheap.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
anyone tried the one that's advertised in this months Evo - full page ad seems new on the market and it says it works with the standard hu in Reno's....

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
anyone tried the one that's advertised in this months Evo - full page ad seems new on the market and it says it works with the standard hu in Reno's....

Reaction score
Steve,

All fitted but rather than a whole in the glove compartment the lead is more than long enough to come up the back of the Ashtray. Just a small nick at the back of the ashtray so that when the cover of the ashtray is opened it does not snag........my change goes in the ashtray, no! I don't smoke :evil:
I have a silicone sleeve on the i pod and it sits on the passenger seat and does not move. The Lead has made things perfect :lol:

Well spotted Steve G and thanks

Nigel

Reaction score
That's OK, good idea with the ashtray, did think of it myself but didn't want anything on display for tea leaves.

Reaction score
Just ordered one of these leads off ebay last night. I do have the Apline Ipod head unit but as previously said, trying to find a song through it's controls is a nightmare! I'm looking forward to being able to use my stalk remote again when I put the standard Head Unit back in.

Reaction score
All the lead allows you to control is the volume but I sit the ipod on the passenger seat and just press the next track button, carefully :wink:
I tuck the lead away in the cup holders when not in use,its pretty dark done there and never leave the ipod in the car anyway.
Good luck with the fit !!