Reaction score
woohoo Janspeed has just turned up this morning, very quick delivery considering when I rang on Wednesday they hadnt even finished production of them!

Looks like a decent job, welds arnt too shabby. Will have to see what its like when it fitted (this afternoon hopefully)

A job well done there Luke, nice one! (tup)

Reaction score
Could you post a picture or two of it up Dave? I was tempted by the Milltek but I prefer the fact that the Janspeed has a single back box and therefore should be lighter and that they do a sports cat to go with it.

G

Yeah, pics would be great. Still got ages to wait for Milltek to be bothered to make some more yet. :cry: :D

Reaction score
A pleasant surprise there Dave! Nice one! I reckon those guys on the production line at Janspeed must have put in a few late nights or weekend shifts when they heard it was for the Trophy ;)

Pics, vids, sound clip, thoughts etc - get em posted!

Reaction score
I didn't manage to get it fitted today, its gonna be wednesday night but I'll get some snaps of it off the car tomorrow and post them up when I can. They'll only be off my Sony Ericsson tho...apologies in advance.

Also a point to note, I know Luke you were hoping for the "slash cut" tailpipe design...bad luck my friend, we've been sent the rolled tailpipe design - still look very nice though, more like the OEM exhaust, just slightly larger, should fill the bumper cut outs a bit better.

I feel like a daft kid now, its sat in my bedroom looking at me, wanting to be fitted :shock:

Reaction score
Will need to get on the blower tomorrow about the tailpipes, its gotta be 'slash cut' for me...or i'd have bought something else in the first place......like an Orbisoud ;)

Reaction score
I must admit I do like the rolled ones now I've had a good look at them, could do with one of each sat side by side to compare.

Orbisoud...stop it your talking sex again! :oops:

Reaction score
Nope :cry: I'm going to do it tomorrow night after work. My mates garage will be empty as the England match is on

Did you get in touch with regard to your 'pipes?

Reaction score
Ok, So I finally got it fitted this evening, took a couple of quick snaps on my phone as its all I had with me, so my apologies for the poor quality pics.

The quality of these pics dont do it justice to be fair

Tailpipes sit perfectly flush with the back bumper, looks good.

2pipes.gif

Only let down was that I had to 'modify' the rear rubbers slightly to pull the tailpipes round a bit so that they sat central in the bumper cut outs.

Note how no expense was spared... :lol:

backbox.gif

Front silencer stops it from being excessively loud - important for me, as Im not a fan of ear damaging amounts of decibels.

Joint between decat pipe and front silencer is fiddly but Im pleasantly surprised as it doesn't blow at all, got a really good seal.

1stbox.gif

Once fitted, I took it for a good run - really impressed with the note of the exhaust, not too loud but sounds really throaty once you open it up fully.

Reaction score
looking good dave, glad you're happy with it. whats the sound like at idle?

Reaction score
Yeah I am over the moon with it - and at a great price too!

At idle its pretty quiet which is exactly what I was looking for - half the reason I chose the Janspeed.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ffs, every time i convince myself to wait until after the brakes have been done I see things like this :evil: aaargh, i'm going on holiday to forget about cars for a week or two :twisted:

Reaction score
Cue said:
ffs, every time i convince myself to wait until after the brakes have been done I see things like this :evil: aaargh, i'm going on holiday to forget about cars for a week or two :twisted:

:p

Once the deals expired they're back to £400 #-o

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
Cue said:

:p

Once the deals expired they're back to £400 #-o

Do it Cue! As Dave says the prices go back to normal at the end of June - if you suddenly decide to go for a Janspeed in July you'll be kicking yourself - order it before you go on holiday and then you have something to look forward to when you come back. :wink:

Reaction score
Just re-posting the prices in this thread as they seem to have got a bit lost amongst the chat ;)

Group buy will run till the end of June then its back to normal prices!

Milltek Cat Back System - £310 + £14.10 postage

Janspeed Cat Back System - £315 + £12.50 postage

Janspeed Sports Cat - £239.99 + £12.50 postage

I'm pretty impressed with the discounts and would like to point out that the MIlltek is usually £399 direct from MIlltek or approx £360 online. The Janspeed is now £399 direct from Janspeed (prices rose in April) or £360 approx online - so in both cases thats a fairly good price in my opinion, especially due to the small quantity we are likely to be ordering - also please feel free to check the manufacturers websites to verify these prices.

If anyone now wants to order one of these systems please PM me for details. People who were previously interested now have PM's.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Go on treat youselves (Cue, Hoolio, Steve, SpaceMonkey, etc) think of those summer drives with a decent soundtrack from the exhaust!

:lol: Don't tempt me mate.

As I said had my tyres not needed doing I'd of bought one :(

Reaction score
Luke you should have a PM from a mate of mine, he is interested in a Milltek so I told him your the man with the plan 8)

Reaction score
I've just sorted someone out with all the contact details and some additional info who was after a milltek so he should be ready to roll ;)

Dropped you a PM to see if its the same guy.

Reaction score
Ordered my janspeed, yesterday arrived 5pm today :) rapid response or what lol!!!, Ill get some pics up in when fitted, quality looks good had a quick look over the welds good quality :)

Thanks for sorting this luke much appreciated :)