Reaction score
Looking into possibly setting up an exhaust group buy and i've already spoken with a retailer who will try and help us out with regards to discounts. Basically the idea is in its infancy and first we would have to establish how many people are definitely interested and what products they would be buying before discussing things further with the retailer and seeing how feasible it would all be.

From the products stocked by the retailer i've earmarked Janspeed and Milltek as two manufacturers that i think people would probably be interested in - from reading on this forum and other places they both seem like good quality, lightweight, well designed systems that are also priced pretty competitively.

We have also discussed the possibility of an approach to Orbisoud to see if we could obtain those at a discounted price if there was enough interest - this might be more of a long shot than Janspeed or Milltek but theres no harm in trying.

http://www.janspeed.com - Products available: Cat-back system / Sports cat

http://www.milltek.com - Products available: Cat-back system / De-cat

http://www.orbisoud.com - Products available: Full system including sports cat - available in two versions - Race or Soft

So have a think, check out the forum for pics and owners thoughts on the systems, check out the manufacturers sites etc then pop your name down on the list if you are definitely interested and state what products(s) you would be interested in.

NOTE: If its the Orbisoud you are interested in can you also state if its only the Orbisoud you'd be interested in or whether you would take one of the other two if the Orbisoud was unavailable.

Any questions PM me.

Reaction score
I'll start the list.....

1. Cool Hand Luke - Orbisoud (2nd choice Janspeed)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve has done some ground work into a group buy for Orb systems.. I'd be tempted but I'm holding out for a AWT one - best i've seen inc the orbisoud. Bit pricey mind you.....

Reaction score
Cue said:
Steve has done some ground work into a group buy for Orb systems.. I'd be tempted but I'm holding out for a AWT one - best i've seen inc the orbisoud. Bit pricey mind you.....

Yep i know the thread you are on about - the only problem was the price was for pickup from the factory and people werent sure how we'd go about getting them all picked up or delivered to everyone - so maybe we can sort that out through using the retailers know how on that front.

AWT does sound good and i'm sure it'll be a cracking exhaust but there is no way i could justify £1000-£1200 on a system especially as it doesnt include a sports cat and will cause probs when its MOT time.

Reaction score
I've been looking at the milltek and janspeed cat back systems, would love an orbisoud but it all boils down to £££

Also, There have been cases when sports cat's have failed MOT emissions test too

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
I've been looking at the milltek and janspeed cat back systems, would love an orbisoud but it all boils down to £££

Also, There have been cases when sports cat's have failed MOT emissions test too

Dave, did you see the pics of the Milltek in the other thread by J07TROPHY? It looks good - what are you thinking about systems then - are you interested in a possible group buy?

G

Excellent - didn't see this thread.

I'd have a Milltek cat-back, please. :)

Reaction score
Well, iv found a Janspeed for sale on CS and the lads more or less said I can have it.

BUT...

If the deal falls through then i'll be interested in a group buy yeah

Reaction score
Planning on going back to the retailer at the end of the week with details of how many are interested and what people want, can you please register your interest in the next couple of days and state what systems you'd be interested in.

1. Cool Hand Luke - Orbisoud (2nd choice Janspeed)
2. DaveTrophy - Maybe if his Janspeed deal falls through
3. David87 - Milltek cat-back system
4. Theo -

C'mon Steve and Hoolio i thought you fancied an exhaust - a little summer treat for the Trophy ;) (even if it is a 'budget' Miltek or Janspeed and not an Orb) - i've even started a list! I know how much you like lists Steve ;)

TBH Honest i expected a bit more interest than this but the word i'm getting from behind the scenes is that its the wrong time of year with holidays coming up and people generally needing money for other things at the moment - i'll let it run till the end of the week and see what things look like - worst coming to the worst we could run it again in a couple of months time.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Luke you,re right was very keen, had built up a fund of £1600 for a wodge of mods but £1200 of that is now going on bumper and respray, want to get it done right. Still keen but will be later on now.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Luke you,re right was very keen, had built up a fund of £1600 for a wodge of mods but £1200 of that is now going on bumper and respray, want to get it done right. Still keen but will be later on now.

I know Julz i was just trying to tempt you :twisted: Yeah getting the bumper done right takes priority - hope all goes well, keep us posted on the exhaust situation anyway - like i said it might be a case of running this in a few months time if there will be more interest then.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cool Hand Luke said:
holio said:

I know Julz i was just trying to tempt you :twisted: Yeah getting the bumper done right takes priority - hope all goes well, keep us posted on the exhaust situation anyway - like i said it might be a case of running this in a few months time if there will be more interest then.

At least I'll be able to show my face at meets and not be embarrassed. It's a load of money but fed up of dealing with numpties trying to get other people to cover some of the cost.

Reaction score
Thanks for the PM Luke. You can count me in for a Janspeed ( I've chose not to follow up the one on CS as the guy has obviously had problems with it)

I'm swaying towards the Janspeed over the Milltek.

I used to work for SEAT and saw a lot of Milltek exhausts on the cupra's so i can vouch for there quality, however, I've not heard that many reports of them being used on Renaults, so i guess im just playing it safe by opting for the tried and tested Janspeed.

Also, I noticed in your post on another thread about the "single back box" design of the Janspeed. Don't know why but it appeals more to me than the double backboxes used by Milltek :?

Also, the cheapest I can find online is £315inc VAT (if this helps at all)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
iirc 7mat runs a janspeed - that looked and sounded the part.

Personally I want the best for #274. So i'm saving for the AWT one. After that a live remap and 4th service at 24k, which should be timed at about when the warranty runs out.

Reaction score
How much is Ben's one going to cost Cue? I'm going down to France the end of June so need to decide what to do about the exhaust. I'm tempted to wait for the OE one to fall off before replacing it (which shouldn't take long from what i've heard).

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
How much is Ben's one going to cost Cue? I'm going down to France the end of June so need to decide what to do about the exhaust. I'm tempted to wait for the OE one to fall off before replacing it (which shouldn't take long from what i've heard).
lol, i'm doing the same - as long as it'll last till around March next year.... fingers crossed.

Ben didn't give an exact price - was an approximate £1000. At the time I wasn't thinking of getting one so didn't ask about fitting etc, It was only on the way back I thought about it and decided when it's time, that's the one I'd go for.

Weighs nothing, deadens sound better than anything I've seen - simila in design to a silencer on a gun, if you've ever heard a gun go off with and without a silencer you'll understand how effective this is. Plus its main components are cermaic, bonded with light alloy, so they should last for as long as the car.

IMO having seen a vast array of exhaust now, including Janspeeds, Orbisouds, Milteks, Blueflames, K-tec etc Ben's is on another level entirely.

The only possible problem is is a decat system, so come MOT time it may cause problems. But i'm certain there are ways and means of hitting the fumes target, plus by then the MOT could have changed... who knows?

Reaction score
Well 193 and myself are taking a trip to see Ben next friday for a bit of a treat, so i will have an ask about the exhaust and see what other information i can get.

Steve, if you are taking a trip to france, keep me informed about the Orbisound.