Reaction score
Righty people - quick update - Good news! Despite an underwhelming level of interest on here for the group buy the retailer i was discussing this with has came back today with some pretty good prices for the Janspeed and Milltek systems.

Milltek Cat Back System - £310 + £14.10 postage

Janspeed Cat Back System - £315 + £12.50 postage

Janspeed Sports Cat - £239.99 + £12.50 postage

I'm pretty impressed with the discounts and would like to point out that the MIlltek is usually £399 direct from MIlltek or approx £360 online. The Janspeed is now £399 direct from Janspeed (prices rose in April) or £360 approx online - so in both cases thats a fairly good price in my opinion, especially due to the small quantity we are likely to be ordering - also please feel free to check the manufacturers websites to verify these prices.

If anyone now wants to order one of these systems please PM me for details. People who were previously interested now have PM's.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Just out of interest, how does the Janspeed Sports Cat compared to the OEM?

Great effort for your work so far btw mate :wink:

Reaction score
SpaceMonkey said:
Just out of interest, how does the Janspeed Sports Cat compared to the OEM?

Great effort for your work so far btw mate :wink:

Cheers mate - its harder work than i thought - all these posts, PMs, emails and phonecalls ;)

As far as i'm aware the OEM cat is 400cell and the Janspeed is 200cell, so less cells make it less restrictive and more free flowing.

£554 sounds pretty damn good for a full Janspeed system including a sports-cat if you ask me :twisted:

Reaction score
Could one of the mods please edit the thread title to 'Exhaust Group Buy - Now With Prices!' please.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
That's done Luke, I also stickied it for you (everyone). You're doing a great job, I know how much of a pain it was sorting the keyrings out so I can imagine the trouble you've gone to. Thanks!

G

Thanks very much for this, Luke. :) Looks like you've made me spend £324.10, though. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Cheers mate - its harder work than i thought - all these posts, PMs, emails and phonecalls ;)

As far as i'm aware the OEM cat is 400cell and the Janspeed is 200cell, so less cells make it less restrictive and more free flowing.

£554 sounds pretty damn good for a full Janspeed system including a sports-cat if you ask me :twisted:

A little acknowledgement goes a long way imo buddy :wink:

200 cell CAT should make a nice different coupled to inlet & mapping but also stay safe come MOT.

The price for the full system is not bad @ all.

Reaction score
Yep, I'm seriously tempted by the Milltek now, they seem to be of high quality, does anyone know anything about the shed motorsport BTB exhaust? They're supposed to be very high quality, the guy's always on ClioSport.

It would be a huge pain in the arse to fit a sports cat (that isn't cheap) and find it just fails the emissions come MOT time. Is it guaranteed to pass or anything?

Reaction score
Steve - I know it's a completely different car, but I ran a 200 Cell Sports Cat on my old DC5 with aftermarket manifold, induction & cat back & she flew through the emissions test.

I'd of thought it would be now issue especially if you take a nice spirited drive to the MOT station :wink:

Shed's exhaust is meant to be shiz hot from what I've read.

Reaction score
Steve said:
Yep, I'm seriously tempted by the Milltek now, they seem to be of high quality, does anyone know anything about the shed motorsport BTB exhaust? They're supposed to be very high quality, the guy's always on ClioSport.

It would be a huge pain in the arse to fit a sports cat (that isn't cheap) and find it just fails the emissions come MOT time. Is it guaranteed to pass or anything?

Yeah all the Milltek's I've seen in the past have been of the highest quality. Very highly recommended by owners of anything VAG.

The BTB was the exhaust of choice for most Saxo VTS/106 GTi owners, theyre a good quality exhaust and most of the lads saw a reasonable gain. Also they were always very lightweight. Theres a couple of guys on CS with the BTB on a 182 and they swear by them.

On the sports cat front, theyre not a guaranteed pass on emissions unfortunately, there have been cases where they have failed. Fortunately for me I know a garage who are "friendly" when it comes to such things but theyre becoming harder too find now.

G

200-cell (or even 100) cats should pass an MoT. Some cars came with them from new (I believe M3 CSLs came with 100-cell cats), so a Clio should have no problems passing. But do bear in mind that you will be killing polar bears. :p

I'm sorry, but I'm not attaching anything to my vehicle made by a company called 'Shed Motorsport'. "Check out my new Milltek Sport exhaust!" sounds much better. :lol:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
millteks aren't single back box's though - they're not going to be as light as a single backbox design like say the yozzasport/orbisoud/janspeed etc... I'll have to go for a sports cat one now - ruling out a AWT :( gutted but as it's a road car with insurance it needs to be insurable.

the 4 i'd consider are:

Orbisoud
Yozza
Janspeed
BTB - i'd need to see one in the flesh first.

Reaction score
Cheers for the words of encouragement dudes - still a little work to be done as i think they are talking of issuing a unique clio trophy discount code to be used by individuals when ordering.

I am likely to go the Janspeed route but have to say the Milltek is tempting - I want a system thats lightweight, well constructed, preferably single backbox design and not overly loud and i believe the Janspeed fits the bill. I also like the fact the Janspeed seems to be modelled on the design of the Orbisoud.

The double backbox design of the Milltek doesnt appeal so much (maybe a little heavier and more visible?) and i've heard its probably louder than what i'm after - though i've no doubt its a well made system.

I'm also trying to decide on the sports-cat - the only things putting me off are the fact that it 'may' fail an MOT - though Janspeed themselves assure me this shouldnt be the case as thats the whole point of a sports-cat (they also mentioned it comes with an 18 month warranty?) - and also the very slight chance that it may cause a problem with the emissions light - though i'd have thought this was more common when fitting a de-cat.

Basically i dont want any additional hassle if i fit a system so i'm wondering whether to go for the full system or just go cat back and maybe add the sport-cat later?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the BTB is a double back box also - so it's down to 3 for me now:

Orb, jan or yoz...... i'm not sure if yozza does a sport-cat option - their website says cat back which would suggest not. It may yet be down to 2.

Reaction score
Cue said:
the BTB is a double back box also - so it's down to 3 for me now:

Orb, jan or yoz...... i'm not sure if yozza does a sport-cat option - their website says cat back which would suggest not. It may yet be down to 2.

Pretty sure its a de-cat option only on the Yozza but someone may correct me on that.

So its Orb or Janspeed for you ;)

£900 for the Orb (or £687 if you happen to be passing the factory) or £554 for the Janspeed

Reaction score
I love my Janspeed exhaust - its a great system with a sports cat or de-cat fitted.

I've been thinking about having my ECU re-mapped again now that I have got matched inlets. And with the car needing an MOT in less than a year and a half I'm considering putting the sports cat back on now instead of later as this will save me another visit to Sanspeed.

Reaction score
Mat - do you know if the sport-cat is likely to cause any problems with the emissions light? Was yours ok when you had it fitted?

Cue - if you have an 'Orbisoud fund' - surely the £554 will leave you enough for brakes and a caf? :twisted: