What would you have next ?

• Vauxhall VX220 2.0 Turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hyb

Reaction score
Already planning next car, won't be for a while yet. The thing with having the trophy is because it does things so well, i.e great handling, quick, pretty practical, comfortable with toys. It makes thinking about a new car pretty difficult. But I think i've narrowed it down to these 2. Your opinions?

Attachments

• vx.jpg
    vx.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 190
  • evo.jpg
    evo.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 190
Reaction score
Having just bought my Trophy, I'll not be changing any time soon.

I sat down and went through every car I could think of and compared it to a set of criteria to see what car fitted the bill best.

I hate to admit it, but I didn't envisage ending up with a Renault. Not being a car nut, I didn't even know the Trophy existed two months ago :oops:

My criteria were size (small for garage), need for a back seat, and lots of performance :twisted:

VX would fail on lack of seats, and Evo on size. If I didn't have any restrictions I'd go for the VX, as it looks more fun and I don't have enough tattoos to drive an Evo.

Reaction score
VX220 all the way. Its a proper sports car (even if they did use Griff Rhys-Jones in his Y-fronts to advertise it - nice on Vauxhall :roll:)

At the end of the day the Evo is a small saloon which sold its soul to the devil :twisted: but as much as I like them (and don't get me wrong, I do really like them) it'd be the purpose designed sports car i'd choose.

hyb

Reaction score
Thinking more and more between the 2 I prefer the Vx. Its more the decision of NA or Turbo now lol

Reaction score
I Think when I get a bit older I'll be going for a practical 4 door saloon... With more rear leg room, 4 wheel drive, a turbo, a bigger spoiler... Defo the Evo!

Reaction score
Both cars are brillant. i would go with the vx just because it will be a hell of a lot cheaper to run etc! If money wasnt an issue get the evo

Reaction score
Evo, but i doubt i'd be able to afford the services. Which evo btw? 260 or the 320?

oh and if you get the EVO, please sir can i have a ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
hyb said:
Thinking more and more between the 2 I prefer the Vx. Its more the decision of NA or Turbo now lol

Where's the decision to be made there - turbo is the only option!! Worlds apart from the NA...

Reaction score
Took a 260 out for a test drive last year when they knocked a couple of grand off the RRP and they are plenty quick enough and can get around 30's to the gallon.
My friend has a FQ 340 and seems pointless next to the 260 he gets late teens to the gallon .