Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
eljeffo64 said:
In my experience (International matches aside) petrolheads/ motorsport fans are less likely to be real football fans and vice versa - there are always exceptions to this, but it's my experience : wonder why this is??
i disagree - been a season ticket holder since i was 12, was a founing member of Shareholders Utd and MUST and a regular visitor to tracks to watch and drive (plus I was a competitive driver a few years back...) I maybe an exception but i can think of a few people who would fall into both fan catogories....

Reaction score
Don't know how you find the spare time! - and I bet you like those trumpets too :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
England were very poor weren't they, not one player performed really. Unfortunately it pains me to say that Germans showed just how to deal with team of journeymen, maybe a little unfair but the Americans are hardly Spain or the Dutch, they will murder us.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
eljeffo64 said:
Don't know how you find the spare time! - and I bet you like those trumpets too :)

Being almost semi retired at 34 helps lol.... I hate those bloody horn as well, why FIFA have let them in to the stadia I don't know - the players can hardly hear the whistle for a start!!!

I think the USA's game plan was to stop us playing and frustrate.. tight defending, holding a high defensive line and little space between attack, midfield and defence. Perfect to combat a long ball game that England employed by sticking a big lump up front to hoof balls to.

It worked well, ours didn't. I'd like to see Joe Cole employed as deep attacker, I think passing through the midfield and defence of the attack with our team should be improved with someone with a bit of skill on the ball to support Rooney. It worked well in one of the warm up games for 20 mins that they had that plan.

Reaction score
Still impressed, I can't find eNough spare time and I've been fully retired since 46!!

Germany were killers, we are doomed .... :-(

Reaction score
Ha ha haaaa! Brilliant; even more positive than us when we are crap at (any) sport !!

Reaction score
Ha ha - don't believe it : free iphone app for a vuvuzela - now I can piss off all my French mates !! :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
eljeffo64 said:
Ha ha - don't believe it : free iphone app for a vuvuzela - now I can pigs off all my French mates !! :)

What a great idea.

It's the town carnival here today and an enterprising chap is selling them :D though one of the guys at work is showing early signs of Vuvuzela rage.

Reaction score
Just tested it on my indoor 5.1 amp; how childish it it possible to be? : will let you know :)

Reaction score
That's better! Only first half I know but ..... Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz vzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ;-)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well yes better than ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :) but now we go back to my earlier comment about the Germans, just delayed the inevitable methinks

Reaction score
Forgot about the Germans .... Oh well, rugger was good and the cricket not going as bad as usual, then there's F1 the weekend; should be good for us somewhere :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
well to some up that pathetic performance/s - pants!

The FA needs to take a look at the quality of English players that's in the system. Yes the tactics were dubious but why the hell would that stop players pressing the ball when the opposition has it? Confidence was none existant.

It says something when you pin all your hopes on a 24 yr old not getting injured!!