Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good mobile alloy repair guy, who covers the Staffs or Cheshire area?

Yes, you've guessed it. I've kerbed a wheel :oops:

The damage isn't too bad, just caught the very outer rim for about 1/4 of the circumference, but it needs sorting because it looks a mess.

Thanks for your help, Mick

Reaction score
Cheers Lee,

I'll give him a bell and see what he says.

In the mean time, if anyone knows of anyone else please let me know :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've had some done in the north west before - can't remember their name but i'll try and find it. they do powder coating also if its really bad, sounds as though you don't need the extreme treatment though.

Reaction score
Finally found the time to get the wheel repaired.

Got it done by ChipsAway. Superb job done. £50 :D

Reaction score
my chipsaway man just told me that he can't mix up the right colour, even though I told him the specific paint code.

Reaction score
dcw@pr said:
my chipsaway man just told me that he can't mix up the right colour, even though I told him the specific paint code.

The guy that did mine never even asked the code, he simply asked whether they were "silver or that grey colour" when I rang him (he wasn't aware of the Trophy and so didn't know what colour the wheels are). When he came to give me a quote for the job he never mentioned any problem with the colour, and when he came to do the job he just got on with it and the paint is a perfect match (in fact you can't see any trace of where the damage was).

I don't know whats going on with your guy :?:

Reaction score
I don't suppose any of you guys can find out from the people who did you wheels which colour the used for it? Apparently chipsaway only use DuPont paint, so they can't get hold of the Ixell stuff

Reaction score
dcw@pr said:
I don't suppose any of you guys can find out from the people who did you wheels which colour the used for it? Apparently chipsaway only use DuPont paint, so they can't get hold of the Ixell stuff

I'll give the guy a ring on Monday and see what info I can get :wink:

Reaction score
Hi dcw@pr

I have spoken to my ChipsAway guy about the paint code. He said that the details of how to mix the colour are not in "the book", but that a technical bulletin was sent to all operators about mixing this colour approximately a year ago. If your guy gets in touch with head office they should sort him out.

I've PM'd you with more details.

Mick

Reaction score
7MAT said:
Rover Stone Grey paint from Halfords is almost a perfect match for Trophy alloys.

I used it a few time now - works great!

I know, i've got some, but I had kerbed my wheel like an idiot and so it needed a bit more than a touch up. :lol: