Reaction score
Right guys I'm considering swapping my wheels. My Trophy is a second car and if I'm honest it all ways will be.

The plan is to downsize to 15"Alloys, I only ever use the car in the dry so figured I could get away with a set of road legal track tyres, which would also cover the handful of trackdays I have planned this year.

So what are peoples views on Trophy's fitted with 15" wheels and has any body tried any other style wheels on there Trophy? Or do I have to follow the rest of the flock and get 2118's?

Cheers

Steve

Reaction score
Speak to Sir_Dave he has 15" alloys fitted to his think he was looking for another set of team dynamics 1.2, he's on here and on cliosport.

The main reason people change to the 15's is due to the tyre prices there about half the price, its worth keeping in mind the weight of the speedline's you don't really want to be going heavier on unsprung weight.

You will also have to sort out wheel alignment after fitting smaller alloys, im not sure on what people are running wheel alignment wise for track or road but its worth popping a post up and asking others. Also check what offset (ET) others are using too as this will determine where the centre of the tyre sits compared to the standard 16" alloys.

Reaction score
I have a set of white Oz F1 cups and they are light, strong and look brilliant. The ride is more comfortable on the road and the handling is slightly better. You can feel the difference of the less unsprung weight.

Track tyres are cheaper thats why I have them.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have a set of black OZ F1s on at the minute, and I really like the look of them, but prefer the Turinis.

Reaction score
Got your pm Steve, thought id respond here :)

Basically i changed as tyres are considerably cheaper, i tend you use T1R's as whilst they wear quickly, esp. on track, at £30 a corner you cant really complain!

In addition, 15's are generally lighter (even 2118's that are made of lead lol) and as such, offer a much nicer drive, 195/50/15's also offer a much lower grip threshold than 205's leading to more progressive breakaway on the limit, which i prefer.

You will notice at almost instant difference in the way the car drives :D

Best thing is, people will still pay £450-£500 for Trophy Turini's & tyres, which gives you a decent budget for new 15's/Tyres.

Demon Tweeks will do a set of Pro Race 15's delivered for £345, then Camskill for some T1R's & you have everything new for less than £500. Alternatively, 2118's are £475 delivered from Speedline direct.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Cheers for the replies, looks as though I'm soon to be the owner of a set of 2118's fitted with new r888's the only problem is there black :( Figure I could possibly keep the 16's for the road and the 15's for track however if I really enjoy the 15's I'll sell the turinis on.