Reaction score
its ridiculous, im gonna paint it blue because of the football team i support, seriously just get a blue 182 and stick it on some coilovers or get a set of sachs dampers for it. Kinda ruins the point of it being a Trophy no?

Reaction score
As i've already commented. Ridiculas. I don't think he understands that noone will believe from face value it's a trophy and what he loses from this. He'll never sell ot again + he said he's gonna buy this car in a year. In my opinion it will never happen!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Saw this a couple of days ago and was actually not that surprised it had already reached eleven pages or so.
Just two words spring to mind re the OP, you moron.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That is one of the wierdest threads i've read in a long while.

Quote for anyone not a member of Cliosport...

Probably won't be for about a year or so but I'll probably looking to get a Trophy at some point. I'm an Everton fan and driving a red car is not an option. What would people think to spraying a trophy blue...and keeping everything as standard? I would normally say that spraying a limited edition car is daft...but while they are fantastic cars, they are never going to increase in value.

So any objections? Or would anyone appreciate seeing a one off blue Trophy?

Those not in favour please say I.

I

Reaction score
I don't see a problem with it to be honest. It's no different to fitting an aftermarket exhaust, MF springs, JMS Intakes, etc. IMO. At least it won't turn a shade of pink in the future!! :lol: The colour change won't take anything away from it being a Trophy and that is how it drives. It's just a clio at the end of the day and you don't buy these cars as an investment and if the respray is done well, I don't think it will affect the saleability of the car. The reason for the respray is questionable though....maybe a full professional vinyl bodywork wrap would be a better option. Best of both worlds as it's non permanent and protects the original paint work.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well done I think you got to the point of the monumental stupidity somewhere in there.

Reaction score
I read the thread, laughed & thought to myself 'who cares'.

Personally, i bought a Trophy because of the way it drives, if i wanted something that looked nice, i wouldnt have bought a faded pink french sh1tbox.

Reaction score
If you fancy another colour vinyl wrap it!?

The reason behind wanting to change the colour makes me laugh though :lol:

Reaction score
I say do it. And I think most other owners should follow suit as long as they don't support Red teams.

So if all 400 or so of you owners (as that website said) can do it, that will make mine the only original one left. Woo Hoo.
Post up your pics when you have done it. Pref by next week please.

Reaction score
NO [-X i do wonder if he has an everton duvet and matching curtains to go with his jim jams.

is1

Reaction score
I know it's only banter but I think we may have taken that thread a little too seriously. After all, the first line states:

"Probably won't be for about a year or so but I'll probably looking to get a Trophy at some point."

Yeah, OK.