Attachments

• DSC00130.JPG
    DSC00130.JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 370
  • DSC00128.JPG
    DSC00128.JPG
    425.5 KB · Views: 370
Reaction score
Dammit Hyb, I thought you had a Honda, don't tell me you sold it for another hairdresser's car?!? :wink:

hyb

Reaction score
'Had' yes :)

Add this up. Wet bumpy road + fox from hedge + swerve + grass =

IMAGE_017.jpg

They wrote it off in the end, it was back in April, only just had the cheque through last week. Very suspicious though, the car was no where near damaged enough to be written off, and I just so happened to see it drive past me the other day looking brand new, just 5 miles from the repair shop. I reckon someone took a shine to it, knew it wouldn't cost much to put right and fiddled some figures

The mini isn't so bad though. All the toys plus 250bhp on tap, I'd say quicker then the S

Reaction score
hyb said:
'Had' yes :)

Add this up. Wet bumpy road + fox from hedge + swerve + grass =

IMAGE_017.jpg

They wrote it off in the end, it was back in April, only just had the cheque through last week. Very suspicious though, the car was no where near damaged enough to be written off, and I just so happened to see it drive past me the other day looking brand new, just 5 miles from the repair shop. I reckon someone took a shine to it, knew it wouldn't cost much to put right and fiddled some figures

The mini isn't so bad though. All the toys plus 250bhp on tap, I'd say quicker then the S

ooh gutting to see that picture. weird though what you say about someone taking a shine to your car and it mysteriously getting written off... there was a very similar thinking about my old Trophy with a couple of people who saw it just after the accident...

250bhp Mini :shock:

Reaction score
That's a shame Hyb. that was a lovely car. I'd heard that S's were a bit of a handful in the wet, one of the journos wrote off a press car when they first came out because the road was damp. The Teg isn't nearly as much of a handful, you can slide it around like a RWD car though which is quite good fun, it's got a lovely balance.

250bhp Mini? What did you do to it?! I knew when I first heard that the new model was getting a Turbo 1.6 that it would be a tuner's wet dream. SOOO easy to get an extra 70bhp just from an ECU re-map. Mind you, there's a fair few DC2 owners that have gone for a Jackson Racing supercharger that makes a nice easy 240bhp ATW! It equates to about 0-100 in 11.5 seconds in a 1060kg car!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
there's a fair few DC2 owners that have gone for a Jackson Racing supercharger that makes a nice easy 240bhp ATW! It equates to about 0-100 in 11.5 seconds in a 1060kg car!

:shock: any plans to follow the trend?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
there's a fair few DC2 owners that have gone for a Jackson Racing supercharger that makes a nice easy 240bhp ATW! It equates to about 0-100 in 11.5 seconds in a 1060kg car!

:shock: any plans to follow the trend?

hyb

Reaction score
Find it hard to remember myself.

My car history has gone..

1.4 Astra, 1.6 Focus, Subaru wrx, Honda s2000, BMW 325ci, Clio Trophy, Mini Cooper S works, Honda S2000 GT, Mini cooper s.

The mini has been the only car I've never lost money on funnily enough, actually made a few hundred :D

Current mini has...
ecu remap + optimised bypass valve + high temp iridium sparkplugs + GTT supercharger pulley + shorter drive belt + twin bearing idler pulley + GTT cold ram induction + GRS large top mount intercooler + GTT lightweight manifold + decat + miltek backbox + larger fuel injectors