Reaction score
Many of you may have noticed I have been posting alot of "lack of power" and problems with my trophy topics. Recently I have been having trouble with performance from my T.

Last night I noticed a fairly loud noise coming from the engine bay when the ignition was on. I poped the bonnet and found that the noise was coming from a black oval shaped component located to the right hand side of the inlet manifold where the air-box meets it.

I have never herd this noise coming from here before and thought this could be the reason for the T not feeling its self recently. Im going to take it to renault on saturday and see what they think but thought i should ask here first. What is this thing ? what does it do ? and could this be the problem ? or is this noise normal and i have just never noticed it ?

Thanks again guys and sorry for being such a pain recently :oops:

Rob

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well that sounds like the throttle body and if it is malfunctioning then could have a lot to do with your performance problems. It is easy to pop it off and have a look but dealer really is your best bet.