Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have been driving my trophy for nearly a year now and i am very happy with it! :D

Taken me a while to sign up but im here now, after 10 months of driving without even checking the tyres i thought i better so i brought the £22 accutire pressure gauge and found the pressures were 23 front and 21 back approximately! I had been wondering why the car had more grip day by day over the last 10 months i now know why. I just pumped them up to 34 front and 32 back as per advice from this forum and the car feels completely different. It is very bumpy now and everything rattles. Not had a proper test of it yet so i will have to see if i lose confidence due to the car feeling less planted now. I may also my fuel bill reduce!

Only other problems i have had is ABS ESP warnign light that kept coming on and off throughout the winter but it cured itself in the summer
:D

but now i have a problem of a creeking steering wheel in the summer because something expands in the heat :shock:

But musnt grumble i got it almost for what i could sell it for now so all in all i am happy with the car :D

Reaction score
NONONONONONONONONONONONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I HAD THAT PROBLEM WITH THE WARNING LIGHT AND CREAKING

you must take it to your dealer!!!!! its you steering rack!!!! renault wudnt let me drive home until they replaced it said it was unsafe to drive!!!!!!

get it checked asap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
thanks for caring but cliosport people said it was a scraping against the auto indicator canceling mechanism, it only happens when its hot, its fine when its cold. It is annoying though.

Reaction score
ahh good good...i had that problem with the kights but when i took it to ren...i turned the car off...so when they plugged ther comp in it cancelled the fault.......finally got it to the ren garage with the fault on n sorted it

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, I think i responded to your post over on Cliosport.

Renault dealer definitley put the creaking on my 172 down to the indicator stalk mechanism. Like you it only happened when it was warm, so by the time it annoyed me enough to think about getting it in to have it sorted it had stopped again as the weather had changed.

Reaction score
Hi there, welcome to the forum! :D

TrophyBoy616 said:
Only other problems i have had is ABS ESP warnign light that kept coming on and off throughout the winter but it cured itself in the summer

I thought the ABS/ESP warning traingle flashing over winter was just the traction control activating when you have ESP enabled, is this not right? :?

Reaction score
no im talking about the SERV light comming on and staying on with the traction triangle.

Reaction score
yeah i mean the traction light remains on constantly sometimes

im in mid beds not too far east of you :D