Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi guys,

Just wanted to get an idea of which would be best for the T. Have had a good look on detailing world but would appreciate some of your advice. Dont want to spend a fortune on wax or sealant and a clay bar but would be interested to see what products people are using and what they would recommend.

Thinking of getting;
Clay bar, and lube
Shampoo
wax or sealant
Applicator and buffer
drying towl

Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers

G

Reaction score
Dodo juice Red mist is awesome, not too expensive either. Use it as a sealant over the wax.

Dodo juice waxes are great too, although not cheap. Collinite 476 wax is excelent value, as good as dodo juice waxes in finish/durability imo. Although I do have some Dodo juice Supernaural wax to try out soon :D

Reaction score
If your really serious join detailingworld.

Or if it's just a casual thing stick with autoglym, shampoo, super resin polish, extra gloss protection, high definition wax.
Use them in that order and the results will be spot on also it easily available from the likes of halfords and often on special offers.

The quality of your cleaning utensils ie good microfibre cloths, wash mitt etc... is also important.

Normally sealants are put on before waxes :D

Reaction score
This is what a mate did mine the first time he did it.

Clayed with Fine poly clay.
Polished with megs#83 on medium pad
Polished with meg#80 on light pad
Polished with Sonus final finish on red SFX pad
Two coats of Chemical Guys Jetseal109 Sealant
Waxed with Collinite 476s
Wiped with Sonus Quick Detailer to remove wax residue.

Here is the thread:-
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5468

He has done it again since but he used different stuff i think, including an expensive pot of wax he won on Detailing world for best detailed car of the month.

So going off what i have done to mine i would say Sealant and wax....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
thanks guys, well Im not going to get all crazy and spend hours every weekend but want to get a good finish then just maintain it.

I was thinking of getting the following products, so far...

Chemical Guys - Maxi Suds II
Sonus SFX Ultra Fine Detailing Clay
after the claying should I polish or cleanse bit confused here..
Collinite No. 476
should there be another step after this

Reaction score
All I do is every 6 months is give mine a good wash and clay then whip the rotary and PC polishers out and polish with Autoglym SRP, before applying 3 coats of Jeffswerkstatte sealant.

For the next 3 washes I apply 2 coats of Jeffswerstatte sealant, then from the 4 wash onwards I apply a coat of carnuba wax this continues untill I hit the 6 month point then I strip it all off and start again.

Gaz most polish's contain some form of fillers to help reduce the appearance of swirls etc.. so I'd use the cleanser first.

Reaction score
Gazza said:
thanks guys, well Im not going to get all crazy and spend hours every weekend but want to get a good finish then just maintain it.

I was thinking of getting the following products, so far...

Chemical Guys - Maxi Suds II
Sonus SFX Ultra Fine Detailing Clay
after the claying should I polish or cleanse bit confused here..
Collinite No. 476
should there be another step after this

You are best using a paint cleanser / polish, just putting some Autoglyn SRP would do fine.

Another wax to consider that looks great on the trophy is Chemical Guys Pete's '53, but the durability won't be anywhere near as good as the collinite which has a very good rep for lasting months.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Depends what you want to spend tbh..
EGP is best at the bottom end of the range.
Chemical Guys - Jet Seal 109 gives an excellent finish.

Or waxes... cost a bit more.. i reccommend Dodo Supernatural but.. price..

Reaction score
I have been really unimpressed with Dodos Rain Forest rub.

I'd go as far as saying its pathetic, beading had gone in days if fact the Zymol Concours on my roof beaded better after being on for 2 months than the dodo did after 1 day. Thankfully I only bought a 5 quid panel pot but it has put me off dodo waxes for good.

I'm also put of Dodo because they dont quote Carnuba Content and come up with some stupid reason for not doing and accuse other companies of lying about theirs.

I have used a lot of products and had loads more demo'd (dodo inc supernatural, Swissvax BOS) and by far the best is Zymol. Its expensive initially but a tub of Titanium will last upto 5 years so £120 for the basic kit is good value IMO.

Once applied all you need to do for 6 months is wash and dry. Personally I top it up with Zymol Detail but thats a 10 mins mist and wipe job.