Reaction score
I all, I wonder if you can help

I noticed today that under where my trophy had been parked over night was a pale yellow coloured liquid,

I've checked all the usual suspects, oil, brake fluid, steering fluid, coolant etc and the levels are all the same as they were before,

Also it only seems to drop this liquid when the car is parked at my girlfriends on her sloping drive. (tilts the car towards the rear about 20 degrees)

The best way to describe the liquid is that it is like cooking oil and it has got a definate oil smell of it but it is different to the oil that is in the engine (I have smelt them both lol)

I thought that it could be a leaking damper but the patch was from the middle of the car,

Could it be gearbox oil ? if so what is the easiest way to check the level and has anyone experienced anything like this before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Gearbox oil stinks.

Have you changed oil recently? as in you may have oil on the undertray dripping out?

Is it defo oil & not water, ie aircon condensation?

Give 01509 213030 a call ask for Renault & John tell him the symtoms.

They may even look at it for you.

Tell them steve says hello

Reaction score
Cheers for that Steve i'll give him a call, where are they based?

It was serviced by renault back in september, but it looks to clear to be engine oil.

It's definatey an oil like substance I pressed some kitchen towel onto it to try and get a better idea of what it was.