amm

Reaction score
g40steve said:
amm said:
g40steve said:
Had tracking set at parallel, car seems more stable & now don't wander (tup)

glad to hear it m8 we have just got to get you on track now :wink:

Thanks for the set up advice, just waiting for the better weather now :shock:

you know me m8 i am always happy to give people advice on setup as i have tyred lots of different setups on two of are cars now and i think we have found some very good setups now

Reaction score
amm

I have a couple of questions for you.
10 track days on r888's, how many sets of tires have you gone through. (I am just curious as to how long mine might last.

Also you say you adjusted the camber last year at Spa. How did you do this as I like the idea of being able to adjust this for track and road.
I am probably showing my absolute lack of knowledge about cars but is the camber something that can be adjusted easily with the car jacked up or do you need full alignment at a garage everytime.
Cheers for the help

Reaction score
Sadly camber change affects the alignment quite dramatically - when I went to 2 degrees negative, I had to adjust it back from 1.45' toe-in - a total of 10 flats on each track rod.

BTW the standard front settings are:

Camber - per book 0.17' +/- 30'.- mine came at 0.42'

Toe-out - per book; 0.25' +/- 0.17' - mine came at 10', which is the setting that I have run ever since.

amm

Reaction score
gungo said:
amm

I have a couple of questions for you.
10 track days on r888's, how many sets of tires have you gone through. (I am just curious as to how long mine might last.

Also you say you adjusted the camber last year at Spa. How did you do this as I like the idea of being able to adjust this for track and road.
I am probably showing my absolute lack of knowledge about cars but is the camber something that can be adjusted easily with the car jacked up or do you need full alignment at a garage everytime.
Cheers for the help

i have gone threw two sets of r888's so far the rears are still the originals and look like new depending on how much camber and what tyre presher's you run then you may get more or less track days out of them i have just had some different spring rates the car is now very stiff to try and help with the tyre wear tbh tho there are better track tyres out there i just use r888 because they are cheep and they do the right size in 15 inch

amm

Reaction score
as camber i have run the standard trophy set up and on track you destroy the side walls on your Tyres i have run -2 / -2.5 and -3 deg camber all seam to be fine on track and help with the side wall's but the correct way to set your caber is to measure the tyre temp across the howl tyre you are looking for a even temp across the hole tyre